Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

fitness/figure comp

Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/08/01, 02:11 PM
Ive been throwing around the idea of entering a fitness/figure competition. I understand I would need to train and focus for months ahead of time. Does anyone have advice for me? and also, Ive looked on the internet and cant find much, but how do/should I go about finding a compeition coach??
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/08/02, 04:55 PM
Go to http://www.musclewithattitude.com/. you will find every thing you need there.
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/08/02, 11:55 PM
Ooh, good link. Thanks! I need that, too.
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/08/05, 09:01 AM
you could call some of the local gyms in your area and ask around about a coach that has competition experience and/or training for competitions. Be sure to find out their credentials(i.e personal placings, client placings, etc.)

Beverly International also has a free newsletter that you can suubscribe too that covers competition diet and exercise programs and workshops all over the country.

Also, GOOGLE is your best friend...type in search phrases like figure competition training etc...

Remember, the diets and routines you will come across are what has worked for others...you will have to *tweak* it to how your body responds and what will work for you...and with it being your first time, it will be an experimentation.

Amazon.com also sells DVD's and books about figure competitions.

Fitness is slowly phasing out. Its still out there tho, but you may find its not as competitive.

I stayed away from fitness cause I didnt want to be bothered with a *routine*...that usually requires hiring a choreographer and/or gymnastic trainer on top of a personal trainer for weight training...also th suits can be costly..and you need 3 total in fitness...not just your 2 for posing..

Hope this helps some...

Good Luck with your adventure/goal :)

--------------
There is no such thing as a *set point*. Im only set on getting past this point :)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/05, 04:49 PM
true story. good call.

============
Quoting from Pemdas:

Go to http://www.musclewithattitude.com/. you will find every thing you need there.
=============

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/08/06, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys. I found a trainer in my area who trains TONS of girls for figure. I hope to compete in Can/Am in April 2008! I will keep you updated on my progress.