Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Getting HUGE from Weight Training

usedtobeinshape
usedtobeinshape
United States
2007/06/29, 03:17 PM
I know all the Professionals say women will not get huge from training with weights but I am getting HUGE. Although I'm shaped nicely I genetically have very big arms and very thick thighs and butt. My abdominals have always been flat and had muscle and I really don't train them.

I'm getting very frustrated and depressed because I am tired of people telling me my arms are big. I hear it constantly. I think I genetically have more testosterone than I should based on the fact I have excess hair growth and other symptoms. I've been to plenty of Doctors and they tell me everythings within normal ranges and I'm very healthy. My blood pressure and heart rate are very low and I don't take any medications for anything.

I eat clean but I'm dead serious when I say I'm getting bigger with each workout. I can't find shirts that fit the arms or pants to fit my legs even though the waist on my skirts are huge. Please help me :(
usedtobeinshape
usedtobeinshape
United States
2007/06/29, 03:17 PM
:(
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/29, 04:04 PM
So you are geneticaly blessed - make peace with it and get big:)

But seriously - what is your bodyfat percentage?

The best way to lose mass is to diet and run it off.
usedtobeinshape
usedtobeinshape
United States
2007/06/29, 04:18 PM
Yes people say that but I don't like it. I have no chest at all and when I wear a tank dress or tank top people actually come up and want to feel my biceps. Ulgh.

When I train intensely with Cardio It comes off quickly but I tore my calf muscle and it's been a year and a half and I still can't do my beloved Step classes. I'm talking 60 minutes of high leg kicks and advanced dance moves. I've been doing this for over 20 years and never had an injury. Wouldn't you know I start weight training and popped my damn calf doing Step Ups (on the way down).

I decided that since I cannot do Step or Run anymore I'd try lifting exclusivly and I'm just getting bigger and bigger.

You asimmer look awesome. You're muscular but look very femanine. I'm not blowing this out of proportion. Everytime I've started training with weights through the years I stop even though I like the way it feels because It gets to be a problem. I just need to do something till this calf heals although it's been over a year and it still hurts any time I put any inmpact on it. I think my problem is I have very short muscle bellies along with elevated testosterone levels. I don't know.

Sorry so long just very frustrated.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/29, 05:05 PM
What rep range are you working in? If you can lift weights you can do 'cardio' with weights and possibly trim down instead of building - switch to those ridiculaous rep ranges of 20-25 and see how it goes.

--------------

While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
- Ben Franklin