Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need help losing a bit of weight!

mokagorm
mokagorm
United States
2007/06/13, 05:21 AM
I am a 23 y/o female, and I have put on about 25 pounds in the past year and a half. I want to get back to the 110-115lbs that I was at for the longest time. I have gained weight mainly in my mid section (and not very proportionally I might add :angry:), and it looks very strange on my 110lb frame. I need to be in a bathing suit by August 17th. Does anyone have any pointers on how I can lose the weight and tone up in the next two months?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/13, 10:01 AM
Well, what did you change in your routine or diet that caused this weight gain?

Start exercising and clean up your diet - try for 1,500 - 1,600 calories, lots of fibrous vegetables, lean protein and some good fats.

There is a thread - The WSSC Food Plan - look it up in fitbuddy (bottom of the screen) that is a really good plan for weight loss - follow it to a tee, workout regularily and you should look somewhat better by August (you could lose nearly 20 pounds by then).

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

mokagorm
mokagorm
United States
2007/06/14, 05:13 PM
I have started a desk job and I have lost a lot of energy and drive to do anything other than come home and watch TV.

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/15, 08:36 AM
So... start going for a brisk walk at lunch time, then have a shake or something quicl for lunch.

When you go home - make a deal with yourself - you can watch TV if you do at least 10 minutes of exercise...or get some adjustable dumbbells and do exercises while you watch TV....

Or you could make it your new habit to drive straight to the gym from work, do a quick workout and then go home and eat a healthy dinner.

This sounds like it is more about your motivation than anything - write out a list of why you want to be in better shape and why it is important to you. Then make a plan you can stick with and get moving - exercise will give you energy.

--------------

While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
- Ben Franklin