Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

being completely honest with yourself...

Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/06/08, 05:53 PM
Sooo..your eating a healthy lifestyle...maybe even dieting...(yes..those are two different things)...you have your daily allotted intake of calories...and you have your macro set up...you use fitday/sparkpeople to count both of these for you...but did you count EVERYTHING?....

am i saying to "nickel and dime your eating?"..maybe..

you cant expect the results your looking for if you arent sticking to what you allow yourself for the day...

now wait!!..dont get me wrong...im not saying to beat yourself up because you ate an extra tbsp. of peanut butter (that would be me!!..hehehe) or you had double the dressing on your salad...but DO remember that many of things you put in your mouth have a value(calories, fat, etc)...and if you CONSISTANTLY veer from your allotment on a *REGULAR* basis..those little things add up in the long run..and you MIGHT not see the results you thought you would or in the timely fashion you thought..

BUT~~~~ its ok that you did fudge(no pun intended) or treat yourself to a bite of something...but be honest with yourself about it...move on and continue to strive to do better...and just try not to make a habit of it :)

(written by a peanut butter addict who WASNT honest..o yeah..and went from cheat meals to cheat days...this is my confession)

--------------
There is no such thing as a *set point*. Im only set on getting past this point :)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/06/08, 06:07 PM
Well said. (From a guy who used to live the 'cheat-life' then grew up.)

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

\"He may be gone, but Sanjaya proved that it doesn\'t matter how talented you are - if you believe in yourself, you can annoy literally millions of people.\" Jimmy Kimmel