Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Training after Sparc procedure

angelsnow
angelsnow
Canada
2007/05/19, 08:07 PM
Hi Guys ,

I had the sparc procedure(for those who don't know what that is , it is to help stop stress incontinence) done about 7 weeks ago still have to go to the doctor for my final clearance .

I have to say the procedure was successful , I can now run ,dance sneeze and laugh without embarrassment. The down side however from what I have read the maximum that I will ever be able to lift is is 20lbs.

I have been away from any kind of weight trainging for 2-3 years.

What I have started doing is walking /jogging(jogging:) ) on a trail that is up and down and has steps ..doing a few incline push ups and non weighted squats..

what I would like is if someone could hlep me with a full body non weighted program (for now) and incorporate this into my daily walk jog...

thanks
snowangel
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/20, 09:59 AM
snowangel - there is an at home no-weights program here under exercise program at the top of the screen.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

angelsnow
angelsnow
Canada
2007/05/22, 06:14 PM
thanks amy......saw the dr. today,and as long as i am careful don't lift too heavy on certain exercises I should be able to get back to weight training..
sa
thehealingart
thehealingart
United States
2007/07/10, 09:15 AM
You may want to consider Kegle (sp?) exercises. These exercises strengthen the vaginal vault.

I'm more of a witch doctor but I have applied A&P knowledge. I think this would have been part of any nonsurgical intervention any way.