Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

question about carb cycling diet?

blaind6
blaind6
United States
2007/04/26, 02:18 PM
I have hit a plateau in my weight loss and thought I would try the carb cycling diet above posted by bb1fit. One question though... Would it hurt anything to go low carb Mon-Fri. and then have carbs on the weekend?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/27, 08:39 AM
what does his post lay out? Is it low for 3 days, up for one meal or low for a few days and up for one?

carbcycling or zigzagging your calories can be an effective way to change things up, but you still need to eat pretty clean.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

blaind6
blaind6
United States
2007/04/27, 09:02 AM
his plan is low (.5 pr lb) for 3-4 days and then for 1 day 1-1.5 per lb. What effects on training and over all energy levels would going low carb for 4-5 days have on my body?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/27, 06:13 PM
Once your body adjusts to it, your energy should be fine. You might have headaches for a while, but then again, you might not. You are still getting over 50 grams of carbs a day so it really isn't that extremely low. (don't get me wrong, it is low, but not keto-low).
I have trained fairly intensly on a cycle with less carbs oon the lowest days. But yes, you may suffer a little lagging energy or be a little weaker. Some people function just fine on very low carbs, guess you will have to try it and see.

The high day doesn't include cheeseburgers and beer, though:)

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

blaind6
blaind6
United States
2007/04/27, 08:41 PM
Dang! I was sure hoping to fit those into my weightloss plan!! Guess Ill have to change my habits to unfat myself!
Thanks for all the info, very helpful!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/04/27, 09:47 PM
The idea of carb cycling is to avoid the CKD problems described. Workouts continue to be productive, carbs are taken in before any 'damage' can be done. CKD's as mentioned are not for everyone, and though you may end up there after doing this for a while(losses will at some point stop), the transition into a full fledged CKD will be much easier.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."