Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Chest and tricep question

Australia
2007/04/01, 08:28 AM
Readers,

I am planning on doing 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 flat bench and 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 incline bench on Monday. Then on friday I'll be doing the same workout with the add on of tricep skullcrushers. My worry is that because of how heavily involved the trciep is with the two chest workouts that i may overtrain them by doing the skullcrushers. Could this be the case? Or should it be alright? I am currently doing the same now without the incline bench added with a 5x5 prgram happening. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - should i drop the skullcrushers? maybe do less sets? or any other variation would be useful. Also i train wed with shoulders, back also.

Kind Regards,

Robert
2007/04/01, 09:17 AM
Are you training Chest 2 times a week and Shoulders and Back once? If so why? What about your Legs?

--------------
Those who want tolerance must be tolerant to intolerance.
Australia
2007/04/03, 01:09 AM
I do my legs of course on the monday and friday. I do leg, chest and arms monday, back and shoulders on Wednesday and legs, chest and triceps friday. I also do a few sets of seated calf raises after each workout and do some wrist curls fri and wed and reverse EZ curls on monday with my barbell curls. I was wondering if i do this amount of chest work (2 flat bench and 2 dumbbell incline bench's a week) will i overtrain or run the risk by specifically isolating skullcrushers? I love the skullcrushers so much but.... Any info again would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Robert Murphy
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/04/03, 08:30 AM
If you do the skullcrushers after chest on Friday then your tri's should be fine by Monday.

How has this routine been working for you? I'd assume not super well or you wouldn't be asking us these questions. If this is a new routine that you haven't started yet I'd recommend refiguring a few parts.

Do a full out leg day - squats, SL deadlifts, legpress, lunges, etc. go heavy, you shouldn't have enough energy for bench press after this.

Do either a horizontal/vertical push pull split or split how you like it the other two days. Lift heavy, even add another few sets if you wish. This way you can do a full tri workout and a chest workout and be fine.

Just my 2 cents.