Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

2x the cardio

Sparklez3664
Sparklez3664
United States
2007/02/21, 07:30 PM
I have been working out 5-6 days a week for the last 2 months. Cardio everytime for 45-1hr and I do 2 lower body days and 2 upper body days with wieghts. I changed my diet completely. I have barely lost anything. I always feel like going and doing more cardio at night (I workout in the mornings) But I heard that can be damaging. Does anyone know the truth behind this? Is it really bad for me to do cardio 2x a day?
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2007/02/21, 07:37 PM
That's a common problem as well as often asked question. You might want to read this and also double check your diet to make sure you are getting enough calories.

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=0&t_ix=6222
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/22, 12:06 PM
Hey Sparkle - you are spinning your wheels, IMO.
If you craete too big of a calorie deficit, especially all at once, you won't lose fat.

Try doing your cardio, the long sessions, on days you don't lift and switch to HIIT for 15-18 minutes after your upper body days. let your legs rest after lower body days, no cardio those days.

Completely overhauling your diet can be good, if done right...what do you eat and when on a typical day?

Doing cardio twice a day is a way to boost your metabolsim, but only if you are eating enough and timing everything right. try what i suggested first and see what happens.

Also - 2 months isn't that long, your body takes time to adjust to new routines and new diets before 'trusting' it and dropping fat. If you are overdoing it, this will affect it also.

Take some measurements and look for other benefits than weight loss - like firmer muscles, tighter glutes, more energy, les cravings, steadier moods, etc.

Good luck!

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach