Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Chest n rest?

FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/15, 06:14 AM
Currently I'm doing the following:

Mon: Legs
Tues: Shoulders/Abs/Cardio
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Back/Forearms/Cardio
Fri:Chest
Sat:Arms/Abs/Cardio
Sun: Rest

But I'm not really feeling nor seeing any real gains with this split. Plus on my chest day my arms are rather tired so it tends to be a shorter workout. All signs that this split is not for me.

As I'm getting back into my training after a couple of months out I got this routine off the site, but I don't think its for me. I've "misplaced" my old training logs, and cant quite remember my routine so any help would be appreciated.

I was thinking perhaps a combining Shoulders/Back into one day, and perhaps having two Chest days?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/15, 08:29 AM
My current split - pretty comfortable as far as recovery and my biceps are bigger after a month:

Chest/calves
Back/Hamstrings
rest/cardio
Shoulders
Bi's/Tris
Legs (quad focus)/Abs

But everyone is different and there are a million ways to split it up.

If you are just getting back to lifting you might want to phase in with a total body routine for amonth (every other day), then switch to an upper body/lower body split for a month or two, then go to a more advanced split. Splitting it out is really for more advanced/consistent lifters. For now focus on compound lifts and getting back to your previous conditioning.

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/15, 01:36 PM
Appreciated asimmer, I'll do a little research to devise a total body routine that is balanced. Physically I look pretty much as i did when I stopped for my exams, it's my strength that has taken a big hit.

Again, appreciated, as I was becoming a little disheartened that I couldn't lift as much as I did. With any luck it will only take 2 months to regain the strength lost over 2 months.