Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Alcohol/Creatine

FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/15, 05:37 AM
Just the other day, I took CVM before the gym, had my session, then some later in the eve. Went out for a birthday that night, had a few JD's and a few hours later much to my suprise I was more affected than usual. I have never felt this way before over such a short amount of time and few drinkns.

I understand alcohol dehydrates the body as does creatine thus the drunken state so easily. But since i've been wondering, other than the obvious negative effects of alcohol on training, does it inhibit the effects of creatine? And are there any health risks?

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/15, 08:33 AM
I can't even believe you think we will seriously answer this question.

Do a search on alcohol, been discussed plenty.

Biggest effect of alcohol on training - it is an estrogen stimulator...hmmm wonder why you aren't making gains?

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/15, 01:25 PM
no no no, not a frequent thing, hence, my being caught unaware. yes i should have done a search, but please dont misunderstand me, i'm not a "regular", just that after the incident i worried about the possible implications of the two being ingested on the same day.

before this i hadn't drank since before the new year, due to my training and my studies; my lack of gains is more to do with my approach to my training than anything else.

i know the effects alcohol have on the body, just not the dangers when using creatine; that was my concern.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/02/15, 02:47 PM
I don't think that it's anything you'll die from. Creatine is naturally produced in the body already so it isn't anything totally new to your body.

If anything just make sure to drink a bunch of water the day after to get back to hydrated.
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/15, 03:28 PM
I am versed in my creatine knowledge alongside my diet; my point was that I was concerned on the effects on the body when alcohol is consumed on the same day. As both alcohol and creatine dehydrate you, thus, possible implications could be more severe than say drinking alcohol on its own.

Cheers, ecle5c.

============
Quoting from ecle5c:

I don't think that it's anything you'll die from. Creatine is naturally produced in the body already so it isn't anything totally new to your body.

If anything just make sure to drink a bunch of water the day after to get back to hydrated.
=============