Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Dropping off the fat...please analyse.

FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/10, 12:56 PM
I know some will say this belongs in another forum but this is quite specific.

I've been posting for a whilst now, but if you could please analyse my diet and comment on whether or not i could drop the excess (to appear more defined) with my regular routine without losing too much strength. My routine is fine so i needn't go thru all that but unsure of diet.

Generally my diet is as follows, occasionally substituting pasta/brown rice, chicken/turkey/tuna.....occasionally beef steak.

Morning:
PR Shake 50g PR, Skimmed Milk, Banana, fat free yoghurt, 1tbs peanut butter.
CVM Extreme.
Flaxseed oil.
Multivit.

Meal 2:
Scrambled eggs, 6 egg whites, 2 egg yolks.
2 slices toast.

Meal 3:
Chicken/Turkey Sandwich w/spinach. No spread.

Meal 4:
Chicken/Turkey 250g, whole wheat pasta 1 cup, w/spinach, low sugar pasta sauce (occasionaly cheap sauce which is packed with sugar/salt)

Meal 5:
PR Shake 50g PR, Skimmed Milk.
CVM Extreme.
Flaxseed oil.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/10, 01:49 PM
You may not be eating enough and if so this will stun your burning furnace. Without know you intake #er's and BF% and ect it's hard to tell.

1 thing I do know is BB1Fit has a great diet called Diet Made Simple in the Nutriton Forum that will do just exactly what you need and that's to melt fat and keep strenght and muscle.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/10, 01:52 PM
Ok just read your profile and shoulf have done that 1st :surprised:.

I still sugest taking a look at his diet plan he is a bodybuilder and knows exactly how to do what your looking for.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/10, 03:21 PM
Thanks dude. Will do, appreciated!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/02/10, 04:24 PM
You really need to give some numbers to your post to analyze it correctly. Your bodyweight, overall calories per day, macro breakdown is helpful but not as necessary. Important to this 'discussion' is length of time you have been dieting with no break if this is a diet(sure sounds like it).

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."

FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/11, 08:36 AM
My bodyweight = 90kg. I try to consume 2900 calories a day, 38g Fat, 190g Protein, 300g Carbs. But being a student this isn't always exact.

I've been doing this "diet" for about two weeks in an attempt drop the excess from my frame to appear more lean. I've not yet noticed a decrease in strength but I am unsure as to whether this eating regime will allow the a decrease in BF.

This isn't so much a diet as a modification of my usual eating. An extra meal packed with carbs would be in there before the change.

Thanks
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/02/11, 12:12 PM
That last message sounded rather "jumbled". This top post is almost identical to my old diet just the only difference being that before I would have an extra meal in there usually high in carbs.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/02/11, 03:49 PM
A meal 'high in carbs' can be extremely high in calories.

At about 198 lbs. bodyweight, with average activity level(weight trainee for instance), maintenance give or take should be about 2970 calories.

So, you might stay on this path you are on seems ok, and your indication you have not lost strength verifies that your calorie intake right now is right around maintenance.

Go a couple weeks here, see how things go. If you are 'too comfortable', that is not gaining or losing, then either up your calorie expenditure or lower your caloric intake.

Proceed in this manner for 6-8 weeks tops, then adjust again as needed. As you drop weight, your maintenance levels will of course fall correspondently.

To note here more caloric expenditure is not always a viable option, as noone can exercise all the time. Therefore, let your diet do most of the work, and add for instance cardio as your calories become lower. There is a line where it is not feasible to limit calories any more either, and common sense should make those judgements for you.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."