Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

my vitamins

Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/01/24, 10:12 AM
I need help, I cant quite figure this out and wondering if anyone has had similar problems. I take my daily vitamins, one Women's One-a-Day and one Calcium. I always take them with a meal, but it never fails, I get a minor headache about 10-15 minutes after I take them. I stopped taking them all together a couple days ago, and no headaches. I know I should be taking vitamins, but not if they give me headaches! Any ideas what might be causing this?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/01/24, 02:42 PM
High doses of vitamins can trigger headaches. Vitamins sometimes responsible for head pain include vitamin A in high doses and B vitamins (especially niacin). Riboflavin (B2), on the other hand, can reduce the frequency and duration of migranes; I'm not sure how it works on a stress headache, though.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/01/24, 08:42 PM
The Vitamin A may well have some problems,(it should normally come all from Beta Carotene) as will any high dose of a fat soluble vitamin. In fact, many of them can be toxic, such as A, D and Selenium.

B vitamins are water soluble, and difficult to 'overdose' on. They are washed out of the system very quickly, and you can actually take tons of them with little consequences if any other than orange pee.

My suspicion would be more a mineral lapse, that is electrolytes. I wonder if your vitamins have any minerals/electrolytes...sodium, potassium, etc. If you drink alot of water with them, this could be the cause.

Women's One a Day has an iron content, 18 mg. and this could be it also.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."