Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Please help!

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/12/02, 04:25 PM
Well, just beginning most anything will work and work well if you follow it. I would suggest maybe as a beginner starting with maybe 90 days of 3 times a week, weekends off full body workouts. No more than 2 exercises per bodypart, on most just one.

Stretching is nowhere near as important as a workout, and vastly blown out of proportion. In fact, can be more damaging than good. Passive stretching..(cold stretching) can in fact be dangerous...dynamic stretching (stretching after the muscle is warm) can be a good thing.

A rubber band analogy may be used...cold rubber band, can't stretch it far without it maybe 'popping', while warm it up and see what you can get out of it.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
Matty0202
Matty0202
Canada
2006/12/02, 04:04 PM
Hello My name is Matt, I'm new to "working out". I've always tried to stay active and played sports when I was younger but I feel I need to start taking care of my body and actually use it. Anyways I have no money for a personal trainer so I figured this site would be the next best thing although I do have concerns. I've always heard that stretching is almost more important than the workout itself. I don't know much stretches or how to do them properly. If anybody knows where I could fine this information that would be greatly appreciated.

Also this is my work-out schedule I got from this site:

Monday | Day 1 - back - shoulders - biceps
Tuesday | Day 2 - rest
Wednesday | Day 3 - rest
Thursday | Day 4 - chest - triceps - forarms
Friday | Day 5 - rest
Saturday | Day 6 - legs - calves
Sunday | Day 7 - rest

The only reason I'm telling you this is becuase I know that this is an automated system so any input on wether or not this is a well rounded work-out schedule would help out too. Thankx alot.

Matt

P.S. Any other useful tips on working out would be helpful, I don't want to develope any bad habits.