Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Obese, 35 year old slob, help?

lawnguy
lawnguy
United States
2006/11/18, 07:44 PM
5'6", 200lbs. The last year and three months have been hell. Been battling with PTSD and depression and now I am a fat piece of crap. I noticed today that I have the exact build of my father! I am well versed in lifting and cardio, but have never been this heavy and pathetic. Ever felt like you are beyond fixing? This is where I am. I need to lose 45lbs. to be where I should be. I need an extreme program to help me. I am not afraid of hard work, I am not afraid of sweating, lifting, cardio, heart-busting workouts. I just lack a good solid program to get me to where I need to be. Any help? Thanks guys and gals!!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/11/18, 08:27 PM
Give yourself 1 good year of good soild proper diet and that 45 will be gone.

Put Down them DAMN POTATO CHIPS NOW!

1 PERSON CAN SIT DOWN AND SNACK ON CHIPS A PIECE OF CAKE AND A SODA AND END UP WITH 1600 CALORIES OR MORE IN THAT SNACK!

My total daily calorie intake is anywhere from 2200 to 2400 and I'm sure not going to piss away half that on empty calories like that snack listed above!

Keep in mind once you get yourself where you want to be that piece of cake can come more often then you think it can but 1st you must learn how to manage yourself!

I droped 55 pounds in a year from 240 to 185 and in the best shape of my life at the age of 37 I'm in better shape then I was in High School!

With that said even though this site is Called Free Trainers my 1st sugestion will always be to join a gym and hire a hands on personal trainer and if that's not an option join a gym and make friends with the guys on the weight pile and find out who has brains and who don't and learn from both, learn the good and the bad the bad you need to learn NOT TO DO!

What did I do? I did what I still do, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, Lift, Cardio and Rest, Rest, Rest.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2006/11/19, 12:01 AM
Highlight the first 3 lines! Cmon Lawnguy what happenned?

--------------
A little discipline at the table and at the gym might help reduce that belly!

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/19, 10:10 AM
Hey Lawnguy - I have been in your situation. Depression can really impact you physically - if you haven't already, see your doctor and find out about anti-depressants that will help get you going, and if you aren't already - get into therapy. talking helps more than anyone can imagine.

Knowing what to do and actually doing it/applying it are 2 different things. When you are depressed it seems like it is hopeless, that you are so far gone with your physique that there is nothing you can do. I have found it has to be one day at a time - you have to get up each morning, tell yourself that it will work and go to the gym. No options. You must work out, you must eat right.

Working out and eating right will really help with the depression, as will the eventual changes in your physique.

The first thing you have to do, though, is forgive yourself. You are not a bad person or piece of crap, for gaining weight. You have made some bad choices, blame the choices, examine the choices and make better choices now. you have to become the hero in an epic struggle against all odds. Build yourself up, look back and look at good decisions you have made, look at the things you have already overcome and look up at the mountian you need to climb and see it as an energizing challenge instead of an insurmountable obstacle.

Good luck and stick around, you will find a lot of support!

--------------

There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.
Kurt Hahn