Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

when to start supplements???

jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2006/11/18, 11:34 AM
Okay so my little brother has been on my ass asking me to go buy him supplements, he is a freshman in high school plays to sports and is extremely lean. Thing is I really don't know if he should start taking anything since he is still growing and all that. He eats a TON and doesn't seem to gain any weight and I don't want supplements messing up with his metabolism or anything, so if anyone has any advice or anything please I could use it. Thanks:cool:

--------------
Jonathan (jonnnyko@hotmail.com)
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/11/18, 12:51 PM
Have him eat a ton and half. Everyone is different, a 'ton' for most may well not be enough for others.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/11/18, 01:32 PM
when to start supplements??? As soon as Dogs can Fly!

LOL your quite right in your opinion and bb1fit hit it right on the nail, eat more but he may regret it later in life as I know a few guys that went for the gett huge in HS and they did bu8t just turn turn out to real big fat guys latter down the road!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/11/18, 01:34 PM
I was all bones all my life until my 20's so I think your brother needs to just hold on to his pants and let nature take corse, it's not like he has stoped growing already!
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/12/07, 03:33 PM
Have him eat healthy...not just a ton. Plenty of fruits, veggies, and quality protein sources will keep his performance up. After all, that is what he wants, right? Tell him to train hard and eat smart. If he wants to take supplements, a multivitamin and protein supplements won't empty your wallet and will be worth using.

Just my two cents.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2006/12/07, 04:02 PM
now if the guys is thin and wants to bulk up he has to eat a ton but if he just wants muscular look then he just needs to hit it hard and if he is just a freshman in high school his testosterone is just now kicking into gear please remind him of that thats your job as a big bro