Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Chest Routine Question

corvetten20
corvetten20
United States
2006/10/04, 12:24 AM
K guys i ahve been lifting for almost 2 years now and have seen some very nice gains. Im 6'1" and weigh aobut 185lbs. My Chest press has gone from 145 max to 220max in the last 2 years. This is not counting the shoulder injury i occured which kept me out 6 months in the middle of the 2 years. I think this is impressive and i have also gained in size. My eating habits have gotten much better and my other 2 -3 days i train my other body parts have gotten much more intense, causing an overall body improvement. Since i dont have a profile mapped out i will write down my routine.
Monday -chest,abs
Barbell Flat Bench
10, 8, 4, 3, 1(REPS w/ progressive weight)
Incline Barbell Press
8, 5, 3, 2
Decline Barbell press
8, 5, 3, 2
Tuesday - Legs
Squats, Lunges
Wednesday - Shoulders and Biceps
Military Press, Upright rows , Curls
Thursday, Friday - Rest and light cardio
Saturday - Back and Triceps
Pullups, Skull Crushers, Close Grip Bench, One arm rows

How does this routine look guys? I have seen good gains but recently i have hit a bump in the road and my chest has stalled out. I found a new routine in Ironman and wanted to know opinions on how it would work with my routine. It suggests doing 2 warmup sets (do that now)followed by 8 sets of weight that is 45 percent of my max. Until the weight comes heavy and the ndo 3 sets of 3. Its entitle Monster Bench "unlocking the riddle of bench steel". Would like to try it but it wants me to incorporate triceps in the smae day and like to keep it seperate. Anyone think i could follow this program up with a few sets on the incline and still see gains without overtraining? Also, I mostly work out and home and only use barbells, does not using dumbells and cables really hodling me back?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/04, 08:31 AM
Switching th eorder and combination of bodyparts in a workout is one way to keep your body guessing and growing. Why not try the routine and see how you like it.

You don't do deadlifts - heavy compound legwork will make your whole body grow.

Switching to dumbbells for some of your exercises will give you some new angles and a different workout.

Why not try a mass gain routine from freetrainers? Go to 'exercise program' at the top of the screen and follow the link to the questions about goals, equipment, etc. It will generate a routine for you.

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle