Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

am workouts vs. pm workouts

coconutgirl
coconutgirl
United States
2006/09/22, 07:42 PM
I switched my training from am to pm, doing weights(3 days week) then 20 -30 min of cardio right after, cardio and circut trainig on non-wieght day.. I notice that I dont have to "go at it" as hard on cardio since my heart rate is up from weights.. My question is, should my calories taper during the day since I do my training in the morning ? Wanting to loose about 8% body fat right now.....
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/09/22, 09:10 PM
Up to workouts no....your gonna need some fuel to workout.

Am to pm doesn't really matter for the average "janes" when ever is best for you ...is best. Am pm midnight....whatever....human body will adapt. Might even be a nice change to go home and sleep after a workout....who knows....every one is different.

However I did read a intresting article in M&F( take it with a grain of salt but it does kinda make sense)

Glycogen...wheich is where muscle liek to get their engery from....takes about 24hours to fully "store"...so the workout you do today....is actually running off mostly the enegry from the day before in which it was stored.

This is why usually when going low carb....one doesn't feel the effects tell 2-3 days after the carb cutting begins....

But still need to eat healthy during the day with good complex carbs....so your body doesn't have to rely on stores from the day before....Unless thats what your wanting to do?

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/09/24, 05:05 PM
Been preaching this for years. This is why it is silly for folks trying to gain muscle to eat like a bird on their day off.

The body is repairing, so it is using nutrients as fast as you give them to it.

There are studies that show that optimal protein synthesis may well happen at the 24 hr. mark post workout. Chances are you will be training again soon thereafter anyway.

Lower glycogen stores, performance suffers.

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

.is actually running off mostly the enegry from the day before in which it was stored.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/09/25, 02:30 PM
so was I "right"?

or off ...

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.