Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

2 Questions, water and dressing/sauce

Jingo8
Jingo8
United Kingdom
2002/07/30, 11:15 AM
I'm up and running, doing very well on the diet front but really strugling to get enough food down. First question is idea's for something to put with chicken, pasta, tuna etc to get it down. It is all so dry to eat alone, especially when eating cold the next day. I love chicken but have previously always had it with salad cream.

What do you have with your foods to add moisture, i'm curently drinking so much water just to get it down.

Which leads me to my 2nd question =)

The water chart here and saily water intake amount. Is this actually Fluid intake or actual pure H2O only?

I drink around 4 pints (2.2 litres) of milk a day and i'm keeping up to around 4 litres of water (amount quoted here).

Should i be combining these amounts? WHat would be considered too much water/fluid?

Thanks as usual for the suport =)
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/30, 11:42 AM
Well since I use gallons etc for my measurements here goes hope you can convert. Most will tell you that the singular important fluid to keep track of is h2o. If you train a lot both cardio and weights try to get at least 1 gal(or equivlent) per day. SInce I am a large guy and I sweat more than most in the gym I get on hard days in the gym about 1-2 gallons a day. That is waht I track is water not any other fluid.

--------------
"When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" LIFT HARD AND OFTEN!!!!!!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/30, 11:43 AM
Almost forgot your other question, I use hot sauce and salsa for my chicken breast and other meats...tuna I either eat out of the can or use mustard.

--------------
"When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" LIFT HARD AND OFTEN!!!!!!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/30, 11:45 AM
How do you reheat your food? I will usually heat mine in a microwave oven, but will cover the food with a rather moist paper towel. This helps "reconstitute" chicken breast, pasta, rice, etc.

As far as water, there's no such thing as too much! Drink away...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Jingo8
Jingo8
United Kingdom
2002/07/30, 05:26 PM
Great thanks.

I've been over doing the water if anything so good to hear you can't drink too much.

I usually don't reheat food, i have it cold later, maybe i should try reheating. I have to be mindful of the smell at work tho, eating in an office.

As for mustard, salsa and hot stuff, i'd rather starve =(

Any idea's that come in on the hot/spicy scale some where below garlic and green peppers.

Yes, i'm a wimp.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/30, 09:51 PM
The best way to eat cold chicken is in a salad, I think. Tuna I usually eat right out of the bag (great invention) and have it with wheat crackers. I sometimes mix my tuna with nonfat mayo and dill relish.

--------------
Lisa
waya
waya
United States
2002/08/16, 01:07 PM
How about some FF Italian dressing? Also I like to use lime and lemon juice when marinating. The meat is usually very moist if you marinate in this and will not seem all that dry. I also use soy sauce or make a dressing w/mustard, spices, vinegar and water. Rice vinegar and champagne are milder and I really enjoy them. Also, I sometimes take light dressings like Raspberry vinagrette from Ken's Steakhouse and add fresh orange or lemon juice to it. I use half the recommended amount this way.

I could be mistaken but I think there is a lot you can do with some moderation. Some people don't like it but you can use say Hellman's light mayo w/some other things to make dressings. Last night I had salmon with a little light mayo and mixed in spices it was great and I don't I did all that bad.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/08/16, 01:20 PM
You might want to try out some Asian recipes also. You can make a pretty simple sauce with fat free yogurt and add some curry powder or taragon and a little red wine vinegar. That's also a good place to sneak in some of that GOOD (being sarcastic of course) tasting flax seed oil but let it cool first or you change the makeup of the oil.
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/08/16, 05:50 PM
H2o consumption if you dont slosh when you walk your ok lol just pee a lot which is good. I boil my chicken first then heat bbq up to about 600 put chicken on 2 min per side mild bbq sauce tasts great. As fore tuna right out of the can the other way I like it is mixed with hot dog relish(mustard & dill rellish). To bad you dont like garlic it rocks for flavor

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/08/17, 03:08 AM
Oh you CAN drink too much water!!! And you can actually die from it since the water will dilute your blood and screw up the sodium balance.

But don't worry, you'll need A LOT more water than you drink.
---------------
Salsa sauce!!!! I love it when it's hot. I always put on a little chilly or soy sauce, curry powder, herbs and things like that. It's okey, it wont give you many more calories (it's only important if you are getting ready for a competetion and you need to watch all sugar and sodium intake!!)

Ketchup is not hot...... Just use it in moderation.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.