Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Egg whites against me?

Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/27, 02:42 AM
I think that one of the worst thing I ever could imagine is against me, I'm veeeeeeery afraid of getting allergic to egg whites.

For the last 8 months I have been eating 10-15 egg whites daily. That's a lot of eggs but since I don't eat any other real protein sources but eggs, soy, protein shakes and white chicken breast, then I just need those eggs to get my daily protein intake.
Until two weeks ago everything is fine (except that I'm a liiiittle tired of eggs!!) but then I started to get sort of a burning sensation in my tummy right after eating eggs.

Anyway, yesterday I didn't eat any egg whites at all (weird feeling!) and I didn't have the burning tummy problem.....

Arrrrghhh, okey what's that now?!!!!! I need my darn eggs to survive!!

I'll try to take some "egg free days" and then eat them again and see how my body reacts.

Anybody else ever had this problem?

----------------------------
- Nina :o) Vous êtes tous magnifiques!
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/27, 02:10 PM
Hi Nina Some of the pre seperated whites can have preservatives in them that can irritate the stomach if there is not much already in the stomach, raw cant help you there, I cant stomach at all. I to eat a fare number of egg whites not 10 to 15/day though, but find that if I eat them by themselves they dont sit well on my stomach. Eating them after I have had something else oatmeal, rice works for me. My wife has been teasing me since I started with ft telling me I should quit my job and start a chicken farm I considered it untill I smelled one lol. Good luck

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
roelof
roelof
United States
2002/07/27, 02:20 PM

Do you use whole eggs, and then seperate the whites? Or do you use those liquid egg whites?

--------------
If you can squat heavy and have solid sh*ts, what more can you ask for in life?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/07/27, 07:42 PM
Maybe if you mixed them into some food of some sort.. don't feel bad.. i've been allergic to them all my life.. only mildly though.. I can eat foods that might have SMALL traces of egg whites.. but other than that.. my mouth/throat will itch.. and etc etc for an allergic reaction until I get some medicine that will stop it.. i'm not too sure how far it would go w/ no medicine though

Maybe if you can find those liquid egg whites that roelof talked about you could probably throw a few of those into a supplement drink... ?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/28, 03:21 AM
Sniff sniff I'm still all desperate here.....

To answer your questions, I never ever eaten my eggs raw (yuck), and I always separate the white from the yolk since we don't have those smart liquid egg whites prep here in France..... (at least not what I know of)

Okey, instead of stopping to eat my needed eggies, I'll try to eat it only with something else (but I already do that!!)
My diet consists of meals with protein + carbs or proteins + fat, and I have noticed that it's the last one that causes my probs. Instead of just eating the egg whites (with the fat) I'll eat some chicken as well.

Let's see how my dear tummy thinks about that.
Thanks for your answers!

--------------
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/29, 01:14 AM
What about trying to eat less eggs and maybe more chicken breasts or another serving of protein powder. How do you eat your eggs?

--------------
Lisa
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/29, 02:22 AM
That's what I'm trying, thanks Lisa.

I usely make hard boiled eggs or make them in the microwave (I haven't got a kitchen at work and since it's there I am all the time, well then I bought myself a microwave....)

Do you guys never get tired of what you eat?!!!

--------------
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/29, 08:55 AM
I get tired of it all the time since I have a family curse....we love to eat...a lot LOL. I always give myself at least one day off during the week usually 2. I am strict on those days I do not pig out completely. As to the egg whites. every other time I eat them which is most days, I add a yolk. It gives you fat and extra protien. And It adds some taste. I would try staying off them for a few days and give your body a rest. It may be say yuck enough!

--------------
"When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" LIFT HARD AND OFTEN!!!!!!
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/29, 11:51 AM
I've never liked the yolk of the egg, so I just stay away from them. I do get tired of the things I eat sometimes, so I usually try to change them every so often, nothing too drastic though.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/30, 02:23 AM
I am getting a little tired of turkey breast. I haven't been able to find skinless/boneless chicken in a while here so I ahave been eating turkey for the past 4 weeks almost every night and I will tell you, I have tried to make it every which way that I can think of. Eggs I love, but haven't really made them in awhile. I have been lazy on cooking and they will be taking all of my stuff and put it in storage at the end of August so I have to eat out for about a week.... there goes my diet. All they have are mostly fast food (fried).

--------------
Lisa
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/30, 03:18 PM
Sometimes. I try and cycle meats. I usually go on a chicken month, then turkey, and throw tuna and red meat in with both. It helps. Whenever I feel monotony creeping in, I look for interesting recipes and make them for awhile. That helps too.

--------------
Ischjli
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- T. S. Elliot