Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Please someone help me

mark_varte
mark_varte
India
2006/04/24, 04:02 AM
I've been following the programs here at ft for almost a year, and I'm getting good result. However, I still have a few problems with my body. Though I am getting stronger everyday and shaping up nicely, I don't seem to be able to get rid of the bulge in my belly. Having said that, I would also like to mention that I've been having a calorie deficit diet, cut down my fat consumption (including fried foods), cardio training that includes HIIT 3 times a week, abs exercises etc. My diet mainly consist of a cup of boiled rice, vegetables and lean meat. I eat the above mentioned menu twice a day (morning 8:30 and evening 6:00), I also take 3 small meals (snacks really) consisting of tea and fat free biscuits in between. I eat nothing after 7 p.m. I sleep at 10 pm sharp and train at 6:30 in the morning.
I believe i do lead a healthy lifestyle and diet. So why the inability to shed the bulge?
I read somewhere that endomorphs (I am one) cannot build muscle and lose fat simultaneously.
Oh, I must also mention that my waist is not fat at all. Just the bulging belly and it look very ugly. No complains in other areas. Help:(
mark_varte
mark_varte
India
2006/04/24, 04:09 AM
Should I take fatburners? We can still get those with ephedra here in India, as well as the ephedra free ones.What fatburners are good?
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/24, 05:28 AM
I would try a high protein, low carb diet with a good amount of decent fats. Right now the bulk of your diet looks like it consists of mostly carbs. IMO, too many. Try to take in 1-1.5g protein, .5-.75g carbs and .25-.5g good fats daily per pound of body weight. Have a meal before your workout that consists of a decent protein source and slow burning carb. Your diet has probably stalled or your too far below your maintenance calories and your body is storing all it can. Not to mention, losing that last little bit on your belly is where your diet has to be really dialed in. As far as the fat burners go, totally up to you. I'm against them because they all rely on proper diet and exercise to work. Just diet properly and exercise and you can acheive the same results.

--------------
She sits and wonders why.....no more.
2006/04/24, 06:19 AM
No offense but your diet sucks...

You should eat 5 or more times a day...and eating biscuits does not count...they are wasted calories best spent on something more nutritious....

instead of white rice which is high glycemic food eat some other sources of low glycemic carbs(they convert to simple sugars much slower and dont spike insulin quite as much...and are less likely to be stored as fat)....yams, any type of rice with an outside shell still present(black, brown, wild, etc)...oatmeal, buckwheat...you get the idea....

instead of fatburner...consider taking a protein shake at least once a day and maybe twice...it could be one or two of your meals.....

almost no seasoned lifter can simulatenously gain muscleonly steroids can produce that...

aim to drink a gallon of water daily...aim to get 35g of fiber daily...1/3 soluble....

what kind of lifting do you do....?
2006/04/24, 06:20 AM
almost no seasoned lifter can simulatenously gain muscle and shed body fat...*
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/04/24, 07:50 AM
I agree you need more protein at the least.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
mark_varte
mark_varte
India
2006/04/25, 02:23 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I take Livewell's 100% Whey protein pre and post workout. I must also mention that the place i live (Mizoram, which is near Burma, just inside the Indian border) doesn't have access to a lot of food items. I just made do with what I can. But I can send for supplements from New Delhi but that takes time. The gym I go to is government-run, I get to workout with only free weights, because there is not much equipment. But there is a lot of open spaces to run:big_smile:
2006/04/25, 05:07 AM
freeweights are all you need to lift....
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/04/25, 07:49 AM
What about natural sources of protein ie animals? LOL nothing puts mass on like good old fashioned eatin!

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/25, 03:47 PM
Mutt, that comment made me visualize you having a big walk-in cooler full of live animals.:)

I agree with menace, freeweights are all you really need.....

Nothing puts on mass like the last two comments made by mutt and menace.....freeweights and eating animals!:big_smile:

--------------
mark_varte
mark_varte
India
2006/04/26, 02:44 AM
I mentioned that I eat meat as well. Beef and pork are the main meat available here. Sometimes we can also get deer meat and wild boar also. But they are mostly smoked items. I don't eat chicken because of the bird flu scare. I also take a lot of green leafy vegetables as well. they are my main source of dietary fibre.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/26, 03:07 AM
Lean beef and green leafy vegetables are good. Nothing wrong with eating those.

--------------
chasem
chasem
United States
2011/03/29, 10:30 PM
Check out the websites below. As for the belly bulge - any type of cardio (especially swimming) will help with that. I explain everything a lot better in the websites below (except dieting - that completely depends on what you want to achieve). If you like the articles below, please rate it up and share it with your friends. Thanks!

--------------
A 10 minute workout without weights - http://hubpages.com/hub/Home-workout-routine-10-minutes
A 30 minute workout without weights -
http://hubpages.com/hub/Working-out-with-no-weights
daiarian
daiarian
United Kingdom
2011/04/21, 05:56 PM

============
Quoting from mark_varte:

I mentioned that I eat meat as well. Beef and pork are the main meat available here. Sometimes we can also get deer meat and wild boar also. But they are mostly smoked items. I don't eat chicken because of the bird flu scare. I also take a lot of green leafy vegetables as well. they are my main source of dietary fibre.
=============

Don't get hung up about the bird flu scare if you research enough you will find an article somewhere that warns against just about every food source. So go ahead and eat chicken the one consideration in all food regimes is "Balance"

--------------
The best exercise when offered alien foods is to shake your head