Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Getting Cut

KVeinotte
KVeinotte
United States
2006/02/25, 04:43 PM
Im new to this entire forum thing, but for a while ive been trying to get as cut as i possibly can. Im saying ripped 8 pack abs, I have the entire 8 pack thing going but I think it could be more cut. Not only the abs, id like to get my biceps, triceps, whatever i can into full definition. Any suggestions?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/25, 05:27 PM
Yep, plain and simple. Proper diet.

I am assuming you have your workout protocol down by your post, so I won't go into that.

--------------
Strength and Honor!
KVeinotte
KVeinotte
United States
2006/02/25, 05:37 PM
Do you have any suggestions? As in for a good diet? Im not gunna lie my diet absolutely sucks, and i need to get on a good one. Ive heard if you eat say...5 smaller meals a day, (healthy ones) it should speed up metabolism and what not. Alos, Water weight...in order to get cut should i try to cut down on water weight?
severrin
severrin
United States
2006/03/02, 10:59 AM
from what I hear from people, and what i know "water weight" varies all the time. Not to mention if you cut down on your water intake you can become very dehydrated i know i've tried it before, i fell out in the middle of a championship game in highschool because i was watching my water weight. I can't really give you any major advice about cutting up, because when i did it that was about 4 years ago, And i've ballooned due to injuries and all the things i knew are greatly outdated now. But one thing i do know is don't worry so much about water weight, as far as i remember it has nothing to do with your definition.
dgjesu3
dgjesu3
United States
2006/11/22, 01:40 AM
Cutting up is all about proper diet. Find you calorie maintenance level (amount of calories that would keep you at your current weight) and subtract 500 calories or so from that. Creating a calorie deficit is how to lose weight, but in order to do this you must do that along with proper dieting. Diets vary from person to person but a general outline for diet would be 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat. Just multiply those percents by your subtracted total of calories, and that will make up your diet. Strive for lean protein, complex carbs, and stay away from saturated fats. Also, DRINK plenty of water. Forget any myths you've heard about it.