Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Sick of starting over....

SJM
SJM
United States
2005/12/01, 10:56 PM
Hi, I am just wondering how all of you are able to stay so motivated? Every day I wake up and plan me day and say that today is going to be better and I am changing my life. But somthing always sets me off. I just get so frustrated. I will diet for a few days and not lose weight and that just puts me down. I am so sick of these thoughts ruminating in my head. Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping up the motivation for the entire day? I would really appreciate any feedback, thank you
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2005/12/02, 12:07 AM
One must remember the weight gained didn't show up in "a few days." The weight lost won't go away in "a few days" either.

Drop the word 'diet' from your vocabulary. Make a lifestyle change and eat healthier. Diet, although not a bad word, has all the negative conotations of quick weight loss.

And remember, once in a while you'll fall off the wagon, just get back on.

t

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/12/02, 10:50 AM
Try making some small attainable goals every week so you can be proud of the accompishment. Don't make them wt. loss goals, instead make them things like drinking 8 glasses of water a day or exercising 4X per week or eating veggies, lean protien and complex carbs at every meal. As Tim says, focus on just eating healthy and making healthy choices and don't worry so much about "dieting". Lifestyle changes take time, but each small step adds up to bigger changes in the long run. Also introduce some enjoyable exercise so it isn't "work". If you're wieghing yourself constantly, stop now, there is no bigger de-motivator.

Good Luck and hang in there, it is worth it!!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
SJM
SJM
United States
2005/12/05, 03:21 PM
Thank you both so much for your help and suggestions! I really appreaciate the great advice!