Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Help!

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/12/10, 12:06 AM
How did I injure myself so quickly? What a wimp I am. I just started. Wasn't even lifting heavy weights. I guess I'll take off until after Christmas. I am still using my treadmil; just walking. At least it's something productive! It's not as bad today. I used a flexeril last night. I used half of it and slept for 14 hours. Tonight maybe just a quarter of one! Also the aspercreme helped. Sound like I'm 80!
Thank you for your help, again. Have a good night!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/12/11, 02:17 AM
Might be a good idea. The extra sleep will be helpful. Last year leading into states, I had a shoulder injury that kept getting to me. Though a heavy insomniac, I usually only sleep 4-6 hours a night, I was sleeping 9 hours a day, split up throughout the day and night, in an effort to recover.

--------------
Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:
The squat cage is holy ground.
============
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/12/11, 01:31 PM
Yesterday I woke up and that pain in my back was gone. But has moved up; which feels like a combination of a pinched nerve and something else. I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow. Kind of strange.......
RRiggs
RRiggs
United States
2007/04/16, 04:02 PM
hi I'm new to the group and I have been going to the gym for almost 3 months now and I have gained 1 lb and went from 41 body fat to almost 42. I do cardo and weights at least 2 days a week and I have changed my eating habits, like eating breakfast taking the sugar abd creamer out of my coffee eating more fruit. On average I take in about 600 to 900 calories a day, but hit at 20% fat 20% protine and 70% carbs (this is average) I would be happy to just start to see a difference I really feel like adding an hour of exercise and the few eating habits should of changed my weight and tone some. What am I doing wrong
Brittbyrd
Brittbyrd
United States
2009/03/12, 12:51 AM
Ok, so i'm going to cheat here a little bit. I really want to read this information but unfortunately I do not have time at the moment. But I need help asap!! I am 5'4" 135 lbs. I have gained 10 lbs since December. I have a boyfriend who can eat ANYTHING and stay skinny (even has good cholesterol, blood pressure, and etc.) I do the cooking as often as possible but he mostly eats out and on the weekends we eat out for about 4 meals. I have gotten to the point where I cannot fit in my jeans and I have become VERY self conscious! I feel like the big woman next to the skinny guy! I REALLY need advice about 1) cooking meals to help me lose weight, but are also something he will eat 2) what is healthy food? Just lean meats, veggies, yogurt, fruit, and...?? 3) I need to know some snacks that I can take. I'm a student and drive 2 hrs to school everyday and back home so I need on the go tips 4) exercises for flattening the tummy, preventing cellulite, and toning (I already know about cardio). There are weight issues in my family concerning anorexia. and so trying to be preventative because I have been known to skip meals. My main thing is feeling good in my own skin. If I lose 10 lbs and got back to where I was, I would be extatic. But I need help on a plan for exercising and eating. PLEASE HELP!
skd
skd
United Kingdom
2010/01/13, 12:18 PM
hi new to all this

really enjoyed this post, picked up a few tips along the way

cheers

hope to get to know some of you and get advise down the line when needed :cool:
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages