Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

lacking will power and decipline

bluewater45
bluewater45
United States
2005/08/24, 09:04 PM
i have a hard time staying with anything. i want to lose weight to look better, and also for health purposes. i have a really hard time with meal plans, i enjoy chicken, and steaks, however there is just so much you can do with such limited foods, and i feel bloated all the time, and i have been dieting fairly well for a month, and then boom! i have blown back up again, i was down to 205 and now its back to the drawing board help!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/08/24, 09:33 PM
One thing that's helped a lot of folks is to strip down naked and stand in front of a mirror where you can see every bit of body that you don't want to have. Don't do it briefly. Make it a 4 or 5 minute evaluation of whether or not you not only want to live with what you see, but if you want to live a healthy life. :) You'll possibly find that you have some new motivation and you'll try a bit harder.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
ksmith2474
ksmith2474
United States
2005/08/24, 11:40 PM
That's a good idea Mike, never thought of really doing that. What I did was go out and buy a new outfit. One in the size that I 'want' to be. It's hung up on the front of my closet so I see it all the time. Imaginging how I will look in it gives me the motivation I need.

--------------
Kristi

There are no endings, only new beginnings...Flavia
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2005/08/25, 08:19 AM
One way that my motivation picked up was by reading Dave Draper's book "Brother Iron/Sister Steel." Now, while Mr. Draper is a bodybuilder and such, there was a lot of realism in the book even for a person just looking to become more active and healthy. There are some ideas of meal plans and fitness plans in the book as well.

Welcome to FT.

t

--------------
This donut has purple in the middle, purple is a fruit. - Homer (Simpson)

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

buffedstuff
buffedstuff
United States
2005/08/27, 04:16 PM
How I motivate myself is to see the person that I am becoming I will either live with the pain of discipline and become one buffed mother or I will live with the pain of regret. Focus be like the Nike slogan JUST DO IT.
yooperjim
yooperjim
United States
2005/09/28, 09:34 AM
You know what works even better than standing in front of a mirror? Video! Take a video of you naked doing housework, or what ever. It's very easy to not see defects in a mirror, but impossible on a video.
myoung6470
myoung6470
United States
2005/10/07, 06:01 PM
Like mikencharleston, I see myself and my medicine ball belly in the mirror every morning. I'm going to work out and eat healthy until it is gone and then I'm going to work out and eat healthy so it never comes back. The mirror has been my main motivation. Also, checking in here frequently has motivated me tremendously. Thanks everybody!

--------------
Happy trails,

Mike Young
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

— Aristotle