Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

freakin help me!!!!!

brandenjoshua04
brandenjoshua04
United States
2005/08/07, 04:15 PM
gah ok...sum1 help me figure this out..would it be right to work out your upper body for an hour 3 days a week taking 8oz of protien shake b4 and after each workout and taking a shot of creatin liquid also after each workout and THEN on the days u dont work out, run for about 30mins kinda in the afternoon?? im 5'10 215 lbs and im tryin to get to juss about 195 right now..help me!!

--------------
b r a n d e n
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/08/07, 05:19 PM
what about lower body training?

get rid of the liquid creatine.. it is garbage. pick up a monohydrate powder and mix it with gatorade and water postworkout.

you dont need the shake preworkout. carbs and a bit of protein (ie a pb and j sandwich, oatmeal with milk, etc.) at this time will be more beneficial for energy. but stick with the shake after.
brandenjoshua04
brandenjoshua04
United States
2005/08/07, 05:32 PM
gah i paid like 40 bucks for that stuff...the dude said it restores adp levels or sumthing..he was like the owner of the GNC store..and i dont really work on my legs too much..but am i doing my workout right by doing upper 3 times a week and running the 2 days between them?? cuz i dont wanna burn up my muscle..id rather burn this fat im getting..

--------------
b r a n d e n
brandenjoshua04
brandenjoshua04
United States
2005/08/07, 09:22 PM
i wish bb1fit would help me!!!..i bet he gots some answers!!

--------------
b r a n d e n
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/08/08, 12:42 AM
Upper body 3 times per week is not a good idea. That will overtrain more than likely your upper body. You have to do legs. Your body will grow proportionally alot better.

Working legs is the largest calorie burner also of your workout. You really are defeating yourself by not doing legs. You will more than probabaly lose some lbm in your upper body by doing it so much. It needs rest.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
brandenjoshua04
brandenjoshua04
United States
2005/08/08, 01:16 AM
sooo should i do upper body then rest a day then do lower then repeat? and am i doing everything else right?..

--------------
b r a n d e n
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/08/08, 10:54 AM
branden...get you an exercise program from here. It will outline all the workouts you need to do throughout the week and will allow you to track your workout and progress. Finish an 8 week program and then you should have an idea of how a workout should look. From there you can either do another of the same or just customize it and change it to suit your needs...but first just stick with the basics.

One main thing to remember when just starting a workout program. Keep it simple...stick with one routine for the duration and be consistent with your diet as well and you will see good progress over time.
brandenjoshua04
brandenjoshua04
United States
2005/08/08, 02:18 PM
the exercise program on herre doesnt seem right for me...i mean i like to work really hard and have that "after feeling" like i did sumthing..these exercises seem waay to little for me..thats maybe one reason i work upper body 3 times a week...

--------------
b r a n d e n
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/08/08, 03:07 PM
branden...How long have you been doing your routine? Have you seen any improvements?

What exactly is your goal then? You can do upper body till your arms fall off...if you're not proportioned (tone, strength and size) then your overall progress will cease and you'll be back here asking why you're not seeing gains and you can expect us to tell you to get a exercise routine from here.

Also your profile indicates that you're looking to burn fat. If that's the case then the 2 best ways to do that is a weight training (full body) or loads of cardio (but that's at the risk of muscle loss). You're not going to get a hefty enough workout without training your full body (including back, abs, legs) to burn fat.

One thing to keep in mind is it's very difficult to build excessive muscle and burn fat at the same time. So you really need to pick one and stick with it for a cycle (6-8 weeks) then switch.
brandenjoshua04
brandenjoshua04
United States
2005/08/08, 04:55 PM
iv juss started this new routine...but some to think about it..when i first started owkring out in 9th grade...we did upper body one day, ran track the next, and did lower body the day after...and i actually have been seeing results from my new routine of doing upper body 3 times a week..its starting to leave stretch marks on my chest BUT i kan tell that the fat is NOT being burned...i take in alot of protien and a fair amount of carbs daily..but idk maybe yall are right..

--------------
b r a n d e n
ZoeyB
ZoeyB
United States
2005/08/15, 12:56 PM
I just started a fitness routine through FT, and it doesn't really go in to detail on my butt... My butt and my Obliques are my worst problem areas, I had a baby two years ago, i've been working on twist crunches for a long time, but the jiggle is still there, does running daily help with jiggles? :(
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2005/08/15, 01:10 PM
Branden, my best advice would be to just calm down and research man. I don't wanna sound like a dick, but you're not gonna learn everything you need to know in one post. This stuff takes a lot of time and research on your part because we can only help you so much. But I do wanna help you out. Diet is just as important right now as what kind of workouts you are doing. Do a Fitbuddy search at the bottom or maybe go to the bodybuilding competition area. There are all kinds of posts that can help you with burning fat.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt