Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

HELP Question to parents who have kids

akadrew2
akadrew2
United States
2005/07/31, 12:41 AM
hi my name is drew and im 19. my question is why is it that ever since i started to diet and fitness my parents (mainly) and brothers have made fun of me. every time my parents get mad at me they say go eat an apple or they say go take some pills. why is that?????????
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2005/07/31, 01:18 AM
Andrew, I am sorry that you have to experience that. That is something I can honestly say I never do with my kids, I do the opposite, I always encourage them to be active and fit and eat healthy.

Do your parents work out or have a healthy lifestyle? The reason I ask is because I couldn't see ones who did making fun of your efforts.

Just keep on doing what you're doing and pretty soon they won't be picking on you anymore. Keep your chin up guy. :)

--------------
Bettia.... The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/08/04, 03:21 PM
aka...I've got kids even though their younger (8 and 4) I would never do that them though. However when I started to lose weight and get in shape I found out who the critics were going to be. What I did was use it as fuel to the fire to push me so I could say...I told you so. Just make sure you're doing it right and that you will get results. If you try the fad diets or pills then you can expect the criticism and you can expect the failure. If you do it the right way and for the long haul then you will inevitably shock your critics and they'll get off your back.

I love my wife to death...but she was one of my critics just cause she's seen me try and fail at getting in shape before. Now she's wondering what she can do to get and stay in better shape. Keep it up and reach your goals...eventually they'll come around and ask how you did it. For all you know they're keeping mental notes of what you're doing now...if you're successfull then they might try.

Welcome to FT! Keep up the good work and we'll be happy to help you out and give you support whenever possible.
GoMcnabb
GoMcnabb
United States
2005/08/04, 06:00 PM
Think of it this way, in a couple of years you can dance on their graves.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/08/04, 08:56 PM
If anything, I encourage a healthy lifestyle as part of everyday life. Not all parents think the same way. Look at Macdonalds!

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan

Montreal Canada