Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Is my training useless?

netshark
netshark
Finland
2005/07/22, 02:02 PM
It is important to rest well 1-2 days after workout, but the problem is that i lift every day heavy boxes at the work 8-12 hours a day.... that means that my arms dont have any time to recover at all. Other thing is about food, i should eat every 3 hours, well at work i eat only 1 time at 10am and after that no food in 6-10 hours... i have notised that my arms have stopped groving... please someone can say is there any solution or no???
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/07/22, 08:37 PM
Or bring ready-to-drink shakes, they are fast to consume.

My husband worked at UPS and it was basically a four hour aerobic workout every night (he was sorting/loading the trucks), he still got pretty big, but was really lean all of the time.

You need more food.

My husband used to bring cans of tuna and a box of potato buds and a big gulp cup and a spoon. He called it the white supper... guess you get used to poatao buds mixed with tap water.

--------------
It\'s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.
-Henry Ward Beecher
netshark
netshark
Finland
2005/07/23, 04:58 AM
Good idea man_of_steel :) but the problem is, if i act that i working, i will never finish that work, what have given to me and my team that day :) in that case i will be at work a whole day.... what should i do, or eat/drink, to increase my recovery?
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2005/07/24, 12:46 AM
I've recently started a job as well. It is fast food. It is very high paced and I would definately suggest someone who wants to lose weight and make money at the same time to get a job at a fast food resturaunt! lol. I barely started working, so I'm not too sure how I am going to be doing on gains, but hopefully I will still be gaining.

Do what Man of steel said, and just sneak some protein bars in your pocket. Just go to the rest room and practically swollow them and get back to work. I know what you mean about the work. Especially if you're closing that day. You really need to get to work or else you won't even get any sleep. Which in fact is another major thing when you're trying to gain mass. Protein shakes would work great as well. Much faster to consume. I feel your pain buddy.

DX
vadwear
vadwear
United States
2005/07/25, 08:40 AM
Find another job!!
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/07/25, 09:04 AM
i think if you explained your situation to your boss they would understand. and isnt there a law that workers are required to have a 15 min break every 3-4 hours? i think its a law here in canada.. you should check it out where you are.. i think we are guaranteed 2 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch or something in a day.. anyway, just whip up simple sandwiches, have a protein bar, an ounce of almonds, a protein shake or whatever.. all simple things loaded with nutrients you need to still grow.

i was in a similar situation last summer and i stayed doing what you are at right now.. i was in a warehouse and would eat very little all day. i ended up dropping 35 lbs, much of it being muscle. alot of work in the gym wasted.. but since then ive bounced back better than ever with a wholesome diet. good luck!
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2005/07/25, 10:34 AM
Well, there's no 15 minute breaks guarnteed at my job. However we're "supposed" to get a 30 minute break every 6 hours or so. I closed yesterday and I didn't get a break. 9 full hours of work without eating. I only at breakfast, went to church, worked out, drank my PWO drink and went to work. Let me tell you, I was drained! I ate like crazy when I came home though.

DX
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/08/06, 11:58 PM
Tell them it's a health issue, and they won't ask questions.