Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Milk and Peanut Butter

ryanjmccabe
ryanjmccabe
United States
2005/07/14, 12:10 PM
I just spent the last hour analyzing my diet and it is really bugging me that I take in about 1900 calories a day (about 1500 less then the suggested by this site) but yet I eat about 10 grams of fat too much. The majority of the fat comes from milk and peanut butter (48 grams to be exact). My question is, how unhealthy are milk and peanut butter? I was told that they were healthy, so should I be concnerned about that amount of fat?
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2005/07/14, 12:23 PM
Please only post your question once. Thanks.....

--------------
Michael

*ITS LEG DAY*
You already blew out your wraps.
Your towel cant absorb any more sweat.
Theres puke on the floor.
Your partner is passed out.
Theres a crowd gathering...

And that was just the warm up!
Zenkei18
Zenkei18
United States
2005/07/14, 02:32 PM

In all honesty, milk is a very good liquid if you're not that "into" bodybuilding. A lot of people say that it slows down the absorption of whey proteins, which are fast digesting amino acids which get to your muscle quicker. Milk, if you're really serious about being "huge" is more of a before bed type thing, but it's ok if you are not going to be a competitive lifter or anything like that. Peanut butter is good too, just make sure you get natural style, that has less fat, and usually of the good kind than the other brand name peanut butters. Try to get reduced fat milk if you can that way you can balance out some of your meals if you're getting too much fat in them...

============
Quoting from ryanjmccabe:

I just spent the last hour analyzing my diet and it is really bugging me that I take in about 1900 calories a day (about 1500 less then the suggested by this site) but yet I eat about 10 grams of fat too much. The majority of the fat comes from milk and peanut butter (48 grams to be exact). My question is, how unhealthy are milk and peanut butter? I was told that they were healthy, so should I be concnerned about that amount of fat?
=============
gibbondaniel
gibbondaniel
United Kingdom
2005/07/14, 06:14 PM
no ignore the fat in peanut butter most of it is monounsaturate not saturate fat meaning its great like olive oil is good its not the same fat as you would find in a cream cake at all lol plus the protien in peanut butter and milk are essential and are great for healthy living
Zenkei18
Zenkei18
United States
2005/07/14, 09:18 PM
Awesome, that means all the foods that I have been eating have been good for me.... I have gained about 5 or 6 lbs so far and I'm not even done with the first month of training!! I thought I would never gain any weight!! Go meeeeeee:big_smile:

============
Quoting from man_of_steel:

yep, i agree with gibbon
=============