Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Why can't they do this? please

ACLSSUCK
ACLSSUCK
Canada
2005/03/24, 02:42 PM
I have had three surgerys to fix my ACL. None of them have fully fixed my knee. I asked my docotr if a knee brace would help and he told me that my ACL could rip again with only a movment of a millameter in the wrong direction. He said the only way a knee brace would help would be if it were the length on my hole leg and screwed in right to my bone. Sure that would prolly fuck me up in the long run in terms of arthrits and problems like that, but isn't there a way that this could be done even temporary for say a coupld of years and then removed. I'm pretty desperate and am willing to do any exparamental surgery. All i want to do is ski, it's my life and with out it I'm lost. I'm pretty much fucked but i can't stop skiing. Help me please. Someone tell me something that makes sence. Thank you.

Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2005/03/26, 11:25 AM
Why did they not work? Have you tried different doctors? Did you take the proper rest? I know that in animals with ACL tears we replace them with a heavy suture material (mersilene) which in many cases is stronger than the original tendon....but I also no that there is major rest involved as well to heal the knee...and then gradual exercise to increse strength in the surrounding tissue...if exercise is introduced too quickly there can be more damage done....