Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

alone!

wind_79
wind_79
United States
2005/02/20, 11:48 PM
I am kinda new to this and I feel so alone in it..When my friends and I go out guess what we do we EAT.. Thats all we do and there all Thin..It not just about the wieght I wanna be heatlhy but it seems impossialbe..
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/02/21, 01:51 AM
you can be heavy but healthy hell im the healthiest 376 pound animal I know lol.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/02/21, 08:27 AM
You can also be thin and unhealthy, or skinny-fat.

When you go out to eat pick vegetables and fish or chicken, ask that things be baked or broiled and ask for sauces to be left off, or on the side.

I have found I feel really good after going out to eat and having a huge salad with grilled chicken breast - I ask for french and blue cheese on the side and dip my fork tines into the dressing before spearing some salad. Or, at my favorite Mexican restaurant, I have pico de gallo for dressing.

Most restaurants have grilled chicken or fish on the menu. You just have to know how to navigate your way around a menu. And don't feel bad asking the waiter to relay special requests - many people ask to change their orders. If they seem upset by your requests, tell them you have food allergies, or go to a dofferent restaurant - business depends on having customers.

For breakfast menus, many restaurants now have oatmeal or whole grain pancakes, add some scrambled eggs (or egg beaters) and maybe a piece of fruit. Ask about low-sugar or no-sugar syrup, most restaurants have them because of the large number of diabetics in the US.

Get on a regualr exercise program - lots of good ones here!

You are not alone - there are hundreds of people here doing the same things and trying to change their lifestyles.

--------------
Vision without action is a daydream, Action without vision is a nightmare.
-- Japanese Proverb --

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/02/21, 02:07 PM
i'm in college so unfortunally I do have to eat out some.......I just stick with grilled chiken,turky, salads, wraps( whole wheat) non fat dressing or low fat dressings.

--------------
My drinking squad, has a cheerleading problem!!
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2005/02/25, 12:30 PM
And order water with your food instead of pop. It'll save you $1.39 plus tax and tip as well.

--------------
--Click here to insert a clever message--

Jonathan