Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

slimfast plan

atvingiscool
atvingiscool
United States
2005/02/18, 12:42 PM
have any of you used the slim fast plan? I was thinking of using it just while I am trying to flatten my stomach but it doesn't seem to have much protein incorporated, and I think it's aimed just towards general weight loss. It just seemed easy to do lol..
2005/02/18, 12:48 PM
Your profile says you want to gain muscle and lose fat. The slim fast plan is the last thing you need. You may want to have a slim fast occasionally as a meal replacement but that's it. Sign ip for the FT exercise plan that meets your needs and use the nutritional guidelines to eat by.

--------------
I think they should give a grammy to the guy who makes an easy to open CD

Charlie
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/02/18, 03:21 PM
Youhave to start eating healthy and put on lean mass which will take care of the rest of you.
Forget the Slimfat!

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
atvingiscool
atvingiscool
United States
2005/02/19, 10:40 AM
lol thanks.. just an idea :)

I didn't know there was food guidelines with my exercise plan! I'll have to go take a look!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/02/19, 03:18 PM
Slimfast in its defense is a "diet" for an overweight person who cares nothing other than to see the scale go down. This actually becomes a yo-yo diet syndrome that you hear so much about, because you lose muscle as well as fat, and so your ratio may actually become worse. First off you will simply end up a smaller version of what you are(if you are a large pear now, you will be a smaller pear).

Then start eating at all again and you blow right back up, metabolic rate has changed for the worse with lean tissue loss, and you go back to the meetings and they make money, with the same results. All they are doing is cutting calories, at the expense of lean tissue. In fact, any "diet" by any name in the end does one thing, it deprives you of calories in some way/some fashion.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
Smurfetta
Smurfetta
United States
2005/02/19, 05:31 PM
Well Said BB1.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/02/21, 12:23 PM
AMEN!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2005/02/22, 08:07 PM
I call it slimslow. I do not believe in diets. They do not work in the long run and really do screw up your metabolism. Then you end up giving up after a few years because the body will stop responding to any diet and you think you are destined to be heavy. It is sad but people really need to learn how to eat. You have a whole generation who has no idea what real food is or a homecooked meal as habit. God they teach sex ed in schools and hand out condoms. Why can't they teach nutrition and lifestyle and address relationships with food. Oops I better get off the soapbox.
shamun
shamun
Thailand
2007/08/18, 07:21 AM
i engaged the marrage.on december.so i want slim &weight losing plan.how possible?