Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Hypoglycemia

webb30121
webb30121
United States
2004/11/25, 10:23 PM
I am trying to find the right fit of exercise, food and supplement for Hypoglycemia. I am supposed to lean more toward complex carbs and eat smaller quantities several times a day. The fat burners in my body slow down due to the over production of Insulin which causes my body to store fat. Any helpful hints on the supplement area and where to find a good dietary menue of foods and meals to fix?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/11/27, 11:26 AM
Hypoglycemia symptoms are in response to food, you should be able to stabilize your blood sugar by regulating your carbohydrate intake. The high intake of complex carbs was old thinking. You should find a baseline amount of carbohydrate that will produce no or infrequent symptoms while providing you with the nutrients you need. You should to be concerned about the glycemic index of foods. The glycemic index is a list of how certain carbohydrates effect blood glucose. Those with a high glycemic index cause a greater rise in blood sugar. Those foods with a low glycemic index have a low rise in blood sugar. I would suggest a no-sugar, hi-protein, low carbohydrate diet (no wheat products, pasta or rice; eating lots of seeds and nuts, vegetables, protein; eating fats-butter or oil with starches such as quinoa, amaranth, millet, etc.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
d_bowling
d_bowling
United States
2010/02/01, 05:36 PM
I have hypoglycemia but have failed following diets for the past 20 years. Now in my forties I have decided to turn my life around. I quit smoking with no problem now I have to get my body right. Any sites that can be recommended for recipes? Foods that are best and foods that are the best?:)
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/02/01, 08:17 PM
You might want to check out the diet forum for a thread on a grocery list, and look at cleaneating.com , also menshealth.com. Another good site is Dr. Roizen.com.
The solution is to eat whole foods not processed. Let your stomach do the processing.

Good Luck.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/02/03, 11:32 AM
Do you check your blood sugar with a finger stick blood sugar(fsbs)daily? Or do you monitor your blood sugar levels via your symptoms,(how you feel)?

The normal ranges(fsbs),80-120 for the average adult.

Consider keeping a food journal combined with your blood sugar levels. This will help you create a diet that works for your metabolism and activity levels.

bb1fit's advice to eat low glycemic foods is very important.