Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Need advice - To tired from work - HELP!

Garym1976
Garym1976
Canada
2002/06/01, 09:18 PM
What should I do?? 2nd week of april I started my 12 week mass program and I started off great , but now the busy time in my work (contruction - mostly roofing & framing ) is leaving me to tired at the end of the day to put in a good effort with the weights. I get the weekend off and the rest off the week is between 10-12 hour days.I cant workout before work either cause im barely getting enough sleep as it is. Im also having a hard time maintaining my calories for the day (6000) Ive dropped 15 lbs in the past month. Im a tall guy too - 6'5 235 now down from 250.Im really getting bummed cause im starting to look like 'Baby Hughy' again ...lol....Im not taking any supplements other than vitamins either , so maybe one of you wonderful people could fix me up with a list off goodies ( ie.. supplements, schedual ) if your still awake after reading this.

Thanx Very Much
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/06/01, 10:00 PM
You could do some kind of general work w/ weights during the week if you can't be that intense in the gym.. but if you just don't have the time or energy (hrmm jnelle?) then you could probably do a 3 day split on fri-sat-sun.. just those would be 3 very hard days in the gym.. I don't know anything about supps tho but w/o the work I doubt they would just help you maintain your gains... You should read another thread on the board by jnelle called 'ideas' where he has pretty much the same problem of no time to workout during the week before or after a long work day...
bigbike
bigbike
United States
2002/06/02, 09:49 AM
Who says weight training is limited to the gym? Put in a little extra thought at work, and make bending down and picking up heavy objects into a squat, or do arm curls with your nail gun (just be careful!). I have been in the same position as you a few times and I do what I can while I am at work to get the training in. Use your imagination! It may not be as productive as what you can do in the gym, but at least you will still get a good work out in a few days a week!

--------------
You've never looked into my eyes, what don't you want to know?
DougKolz
DougKolz
United States
2002/06/02, 04:22 PM
I agree with Bigbike, when I was doing construction, we used to joke that other people had to pay a gym to get the same workout! Keeping your muscles taught, an appropriate stance when lifting, and you might as well be at the gym all day ! Go for some of those " ensure " type drinks with lunch and break as well as those protien bars, that will keep the pounds on.

--------------
Doug
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/06/02, 06:06 PM
i took fireloards advice and just bust my butt on the weekend and i like the ideas from above i have a heavy iron bar i use to do curls during lunch......
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/06/05, 09:36 PM
Yeah I do manteniece work for my school. The other day i was mowing with a push mower and decided that on the flat parts that I would push with just my abs. WOW!!! the next day my abs were sore.