Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

miss fitness pre-comp tips??

elesamoose
elesamoose
United States
2004/10/20, 08:58 AM
Hi,
I am competing on Saturday and am quite ripped but need to get as cut as possible...I have really lowered my kcals and have now virtually cut out carbs and fat, tapered off my workouts and increased the water. I am planning on stopping the water late afternoon friday and hitting the sauna, and later in the evening grabbing a vodka to help cut up. Does this sound right to anyone out there - I am also worried about muscle catabolism due to restricted calorie intake but I am eating a lot of protein (mainly shakes, plain white meat, egg whites). Thanks! All help appreciated! p.s. it is all natural so cannot use over the counter diuretics, etc...
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/10/20, 09:37 PM
wE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS HERE A FEW TIMES - TRY A FIT BUDDY SEARCH AND IF THAT DOESN'T COME UP WITH ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW. oopS, CAPS LOCK, SORRY, NOT YELLING:)

--------------
\"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.\" Marcel Proust
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/10/21, 08:20 AM
Lots of vit C can help to drain and you also find some other good plants (but if you only got three days then it's a little bit too late now :surprised: ). Static work can also help to look more ripped. Do lots of posing and stretching.
I don't recommend the sauna thou. Your body is already pretty stressed and the strong heat can knock you out.
This is your first competition? Do you have a PT to help?
Anyway, I wish you all the very best LUCK!!! :)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
elesamoose
elesamoose
United States
2004/10/25, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the advice-I came 3rd in my class at the British finals last weekend so it went great - and lots to improve on for next time I compete!:big_smile:
2004/11/15, 07:50 PM
Thats great elesamoose. High Five :dumbbell:
shellyk2004
shellyk2004
Canada
2005/01/02, 11:17 PM
I am training for a figure competition in April and then the trifitness competition in July. I am in decent shape and am currently following an 8 week program to increase muscle strength. My questions are in regards to dieting down...I eat pretty well but don't have a diet to follow when closer to competition date. Also what options are there for water reduction? Any advice on tanning...should I use a tanning bed and/or tanning product? this is all new to me so any help is appreciated!