Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Upset and needs HELP!!!!!!!!

puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/12, 08:22 PM
TUESDAY morning blues... I went from 185lbs to 160 over a period of 5 months, but at 160 I hit a plateu, and now over 5 months later I woke up and realized I have actually gained back 10 lbs, I am now at 170, I eat healthy (with small treats now and then) and constant cardio exercise, and lots of sports, and heavy lifting at work, but I don't have a gym membership, or money to buy free weights at home... what ahould I do... feeling very bad about myself lately.... need help....

--------------
My mind tells me to win, my spirit shows me how, and my body delivers.
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/10/13, 08:05 AM
I am sorry for your pain. I know how you feel. It is very hard to get yourself back up to positive thinking. Before I found some cheap weights at a garage sale, I would use gallon water jugs to lift weights. I would also rearrange my furniture. That would provide me with exercise and a cleaner house. Home cardio without a machine meant for me to run up and down the stairs until I couldn't take it anymore. Boring, yes. But it was better than eating crap I shouldn't.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/10/13, 12:39 PM
Did you think that some of those lbs might actually be muscle weight?? If thats the case, it's a good thing, and you should be proud of it. It's not about lbs, its about how clothes fit and how strong you are. Take a look at when you were 170 before, and 170 now. Are there any differences??
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/10/13, 12:46 PM
what are your MEASUREMENTS? are they the same?

Weight is just how gravity pulls down upon you, just caus eyou weigh more, doesn't mean its bad weight.

Buy some excercise bands...25 bucks and there 3 strengths to them, got mine from target. Do alot of cool stuff with them.

--------------
....I'm probably in my underwear typing this......or maybe not!
nutritionworks
nutritionworks
United States
2004/10/13, 08:10 PM
Belle is right. Don't worry so much about the scale. How do your clothes fit? Go get the pair of jeans that you had to jump off of the bed to put on and see if they fit better now. Measure inches, not pounds.

I lost 30 pounds and went from a 35 to a 33 waist, then I gained back about 6 pounds but my waist is almost a 31 now.

puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/14, 02:17 PM
Well I'm pretty sure it's not muscle... I feel "softer" now than before, because when I had my gym membership I ALWAYS went 5x a week with my husband... and I'm not really sure about my measurements... I haven't taken them in probably six months... and actually all my clothes fit me pretty much the same... it's really suckin for me to not have access to our gym... it's putting strain on me emotionally, not to mention I don't get my weight workout in for my body... I am still pretty sure though that since I do exercise a lot and a lot of Cardio, I was thinking its my eating... its just that I don't know, I'm not trying to make up excuses, but we either don't have food in the house or its "bad" food... and I don't have money for anything right now... I just feel really extra horrible about myself and my body, it was so bad the other night I started crying in front of my husband... I am so embarrased to be "n**ed" in front of him... it sux... I don't know what to do and I feel very out of control...

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/10/14, 06:56 PM
If I remember correctly, I laid out an entire diet plan for you in another forum, and all of a sudden you were gone to another thread you liked better and I assume went other ways. This is exactly the reason I stopped doing that in the past, but in your earlier post you sounded so sincere I thought I would do it again to help. It takes alot of work to do that correctly.

Sorry to break things to you, but there is no "easier" way. You have to adjust calories as you go as I laid out for you. No way around it. Keep looking for the other ways, it will just prolong your progress. You state yourself in the above post, you "think its your eating".

Sorry if I sound harsh, but as mentioned, it takes alot of work to lay things out as I did. In case you don't remember the thread, it is the post you made in this forum...."overeating and fatburners".

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/15, 01:00 AM
Sorry BB1, I really do appreciate that particular post, I took it to heart and followed the plan as closely as I could, it's just that I get so frustrated and discouraged so easily. I wasn't fat my whole life until like two years ago, and now it seems like I have a monster inside me that tells me to eat no matter what and I feel I can't control it. I'll do good for like a week and then my body starts feeling funny, my stomach hurts and I get my bad cravings that tell me to eat... I think its the protein, 165 grams is too much and makes my tummy hurt... I just want to hear if other people have the same problems as myself, if they feel the same... because here I am alone, all the females I hang out with are all perfect and skinny... I know all my problems are emotional, and I know I have to "retrain" my body to eat less and be full and satisfied with less, and that is what I am working on now that I know my maintenance calories. I'm sorry if I offended you, I really do appreciate all the advice LoL, and I do listen and take it to heart... I've stopped taking all "fatburners" or stimulants, and I am currently working on portions and "healthier" foods... I am REALLY trying to get in my correct calories everyday, and work on my percentages a little later... I am just very discouraged because of the last 5 month gain... I should be down like 10lbs since our last thread... I just have to do something different... but I am trying....

--------------
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/10/15, 06:38 AM
"all the females I hang out with are all perfect and skinny"

since when was skinny perfect?

I really don't think there's any mileage to be had in trying to be skinny.

Aim to be strong and healthy, and you may find your outlook changes too.
Why not set yourself a strength or fitness goal to shift focus away from obsessing about the pounds? I found this tactic has helped me a lot in the past.

good luck
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/10/15, 10:37 AM
Probably the simplest thing you can do rather than follow any diet plan is to simply reduce your portion sizes. You can "fool" yourself in ways like buy a size smaller plates. Then fill it up, and it looks like you are eating a plateful, so mentally it is satisfying, yet you are eating less due to the serving sizes. It sounds silly, but whatever it takes...the end justifies the means in many cases. Other things are keep a journal. Use gold stars like when you were a kid. On a good day you do good, put a gold star on that date in your journal. Get for instance 7 gold stars, and reward yourself a bit. Then go back to earning gold stars. This sounds silly too, but again, whatever it takes. Try to have some fun with it. Be creative.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/10/15, 11:44 AM
Buy Smaller Spoons!!! If you go to the store, in the kitchen section there are "ice cream spoons" that are about 2/3 the size of a regular spoon. Since you can't fit as much on to the spoon, you have to take more bites, which in turn makes you think that you have eaten more than you really have. Tricky tricky!! :big_smile:
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/15, 01:52 PM
:big_smile: I do use some of those tricks... LoL =) he he he tricky tricky... I have been keeping a journal, and like I stated before I'm working on keeping calories every day correct, so if one day I do good I keep it in front then the bad days I put in back... then as long as I have more good days than bad ones, I get a small reward... also what i've been doing just to train myself to be satisfied with less food, if I go eat out, I always try to eat the healthiest thing on the menu and I I always order the smallest size {for example} LoL and if I eat at a regular restaurant then I just put half in a doggy bag and I have more good food for later.... :big_smile:

--------------
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/10/15, 02:01 PM
Another thing at resturaunts, is eat your salad, and then your veggies, then your meat, and save whatever starch you have for last. My the time you get to it, you will more than likely be full, and will save a ton in calories and more than likely fat.
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/15, 02:09 PM
Princess~ I didn't mean to say that skinny was perfect, but it just seems that my friends never have to worry about their weight, and since I just met them not to long ago I have paid attention to their eating habits and realized they all eat WAY less than me. But I do want to be thinner, no pooch on my tummy, trim thighs and hips... just so I can be not embarased about being in a bathing suit...

Also about aiming to be strong and healthy I am doing that. The whole reason I gained all my weight was that about 2 years ago I wanted to be a "bodybuilder" but I did it how the guys did it, eat as much as you can and lift as heavy as you can. I ended up gaining about 20lbs of muscle as well as 20lbs of fat... but I didn't care cuz I wanted to be the strongest girl in my gym . When I was at my strongest though I was also at my worst cardiovascular health. Thats actually when I left and went into the army, I was in for 4 months and lost pretty much all my muscle I had worked so hard for... I haven't had a gym membership since then... so thats why i'm so "fat" now.... all my muscle turned into fat... :( So since I got back, I have totally been focusing on endurance, and cardio. But unfortunatly I had some serious injuries from basic training, and had to let my body recover for a few months. I've been trying to run now, but keep getting bad shin splints and I have no money for new running shoes... so I have totally been focusing on endurance versus actually being obsessed with being thin... :big_smile: and your right it does help...

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/10/15, 06:43 PM
Snowchic, if you don't mind me asking, your height?

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/16, 10:17 PM
I'm 5'8 :)

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/10/16, 10:31 PM
I would just try and get over the bad eating habits, convert yourself slowly to bb1's plan, At your weight and height, all you really need is a good exercise routine, which you do have experience with. Really, I think you are being too hard on yourself. If you can't get to a gym, exercise at home. You aren't that far off.
There are many exercises that don't reqire any special equipment or cardio machines.

--------------
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/16, 10:37 PM
=) I usually don't have a problem with my exercise schedule :( I love to exercise, it's just all emotional and eating... although I've done good for the last 5 days... :big_smile: averaging about 1700 :( but I'm really working on keeping my calories at the right amount, I usually do good for like 1 or 2 weeks then I "fall off", and have a hard time getting back up...

--------------
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/16, 10:44 PM
oh yeah, I do think I am "far off" LoL from where I want to be I still need to lose about 30 lbs... . Kinda daunting...

--------------
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/10/25, 09:27 PM
Didn't eat to much for once today, although I haven't get enough protien yet.

BRKFST~ ate a pancake and a banana

Lunch~ 1cup whole wheat spagheti w/ organic garlic sauce

That's all so far... but already at about maybe 1000 calories, so I can still eat dinner... It will be some good quality protien and some sort of complex carbs... I guess I'm making up for yesterday, I ate SO much so I had the works, banana split, and pie!!!

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/10/27, 08:03 AM
If thats all you ate, you must of felt not to energetic that day. Get some more food into you.

--------------
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/11/07, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone, Ive been running more, and doing more cardio, these last two weeks and keeping my calories under 2000, and I've lost about 3 or 4 pounds, so that's cool, hopefully soon I will have my gym membership and get strong again...

--------------
JustinE22
JustinE22
United States
2004/11/07, 03:42 PM
carivan is right you need to get some food in you, eating less will slow you metabalism to a crawl, just eat 5-7 small meals a day. I know your upset about putting the weight on and now you want to get rid of it immediately but it can't be done that way, panic always creates more problems whether now or later. Find out what your maintenance caloric intake is for a day then adjust from there starting with dropping 250 calories a day and see where that gets you if your still not loosing drop another 200-250 calories. Just take it slow and progress will come, i know its hard but hang in there and try not to live and die by the scale it is just a guidline.
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/11/09, 07:34 PM
Hi Justin... I know what my maintenance calories are right now so its about 1900 calories or less a day... the only problem that I have is if I eat 1700cal a day, and at 6 meals, thats only 283cal at every meal... so I end up being really hungry even right after I eat ...

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/11/09, 08:23 PM
Then you are not eating the right foods. High fiberous carbs are your answer along with healthy EFA's too keep from being hungry. Nutrient density rather than calorie density is what you need to look towards.

For example, you could eat 3 oz. of beef which is about 200 calories, or you could eat almost 6 oz. of buffalo for almost the same calories. Which will fill you up more?

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/10, 11:49 AM
Just sounds to me, every piece of advice people give you, you shoot and excuse back, of why you can't, or why that won't work?

You evidently know what you NEED to do, so DO it. Theres no easy way out,if you feel hungry do somthing, don't just sit around complaining about how hundery you are and crap. Keep busy doing somthing. You shouldn't eat to be "full" but to give your body what it needs for engery. What your BODY wants, is different from what YOU want. So what you don't feel full, your not soposed to be eating 6 coarse meals every 3 hours, just a few hundred calories, to gett you to the next 3 hour mark.

--------------
GO into battle as if was your last, cause thats the only one you loose!
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/11/10, 02:28 PM
I "front load" my calories, so instead of having e.g.280 each meal, I have more for breakfast and meal 2 and taper things a bit at night.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/11/15, 11:25 AM
This is an excellent way to do things. When I diet to get leaner, this is the approach I begin with and use till I carb cycle.

============
Quoting from princesslodgey:

I "front load" my calories, so instead of having e.g.280 each meal, I have more for breakfast and meal 2 and taper things a bit at night.
=============

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com