Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

TOO MUCH CUT, NOT ENOUGH MASS!

yakuza005uk
yakuza005uk
United Kingdom
2002/04/21, 08:22 AM
im 18, i train 5 times a week for about 2-3 years now, mainly heavy weights with low reps but i cant seem to put mass on. Every week instead of mass gains my muscles get defined even more. I have improved amaaaaaazingly on my strength yet mass gains are poor. I just seem to be cutting up each time, well apart from my legs and lower areas of my stomach. Id be very grateful if any1 could help me on my problem.

..aslo i have a healthy high in protein diet, not too say that i dont eat fat or nethin. My fridge is like a 10 year olds!!
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/04/21, 10:01 AM
You may want to try working out only 3 or 4 times a week. At this point, you are probably either overtraining or your muscles just aren't responding to the 5 days a week routine anymore.

Your diet could also be a major part of why you aren't gaining mass. A high protein diet is great, but are you eating enough calories overall? You need a lot of carbs and protien if you want to gain mass. If you hit a plateau (and it sounds like you have), increase your total daily caloric intake by 500 calories for 2 weeks and see what happens. If nothing, try eating another 250.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."