Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

wrong or right

highlander_28_i
highlander_28_i
Ireland
2002/03/29, 05:20 PM
hi muckers, i just started training in the local gym,id been
going for about 2 weeks. the guys in here where really huge, which gave me a lot of inspiration, but i could,nt help notice these guys kept on pointing and looking over and giggling at me when i was in the middle of a workout. Okay im no arnie, but hey arnie just didn,t get out of bed one day and start looking like a mountain, he had to start somewhere right? anyhow one of these guys came over one time and said i should really buy a home gym and workout at home, then when i got a bit bigger ,come to the gym ,is this the norm?
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/03/29, 05:40 PM
gosh I hope that isn't the norm...if its the norm than there are alot of Rude Unfeeling individuals out there. Keep going to the gym, ignore the comments...maybe some one was rude to him when he first started out.

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work.........Leslie
txl
txl
Canada
2002/03/29, 06:42 PM
The psychological factor is one of the main reasons people stop going to the gym; because "everyone is bigger than me and they will laugh". I always thought that was a myth, I guess you have proved me wrong. Now prove them wrong and shut them up by training hard and excelling right in front of them!

============
Quoting from highlander_28_i:

hi muckers, i just started training in the local gym,id been
going for about 2 weeks. the guys in here where really huge, which gave me a lot of inspiration, but i could,nt help notice these guys kept on pointing and looking over and giggling at me when i was in the middle of a workout. Okay im no arnie, but hey arnie just didn,t get out of bed one day and start looking like a mountain, he had to start somewhere right? anyhow one of these guys came over one time and said i should really buy a home gym and workout at home, then when i got a bit bigger ,come to the gym ,is this the norm?
=============
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/03/29, 07:48 PM
I actually go to my local YMCA, so while there are very fit people in there, it's rare to see really huge-ripped-guys or gals. My first foray onto the half of the gym, where the free weights were, was very intimidating to me also and a few times people looked at me a little strange (maybe because I was doing the exercises a tad bit wrong or who knows), but my point is that now I am in much better shape and when people look at me now, it's because they can see my hard work paying off. So to sum it all up: Hang in there and ignore the jerk offs.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/29, 10:23 PM
Don't worry about those guys...there's always a few of these types in some of the gyms. If you really feel uncomfortable, then go at a different time...or go to another gym altogether.

Otherwise, just ignore them and soon you'll be in better shape and they'll just have to accept that!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/30, 01:56 AM
Yep we are all with you Highlander, just try your best to ignore them and you'll see that they will shut up one day when they realize that they didn't succeed in braking and scaring you away.

Be smarter than them, it's your body and you do what you want. You'll show them later.

I know it's difficult but please don't stop the training, just don't let them stupid ones win.....

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....