Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Questions about the bulk and cut phases

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/07, 11:12 PM
Hey all. I'm not really a bodybuilder, I am closer to a powerlifter or just into strength training. But, I do diet in certain ways and bulk and cut for basketball. I've been bulking the past month or two and have gained some excess fat around the stomach. I'm ready to have my abs back showing and lose that weight for jumping and quickness, but I don't want to lose the muscle I gained while bulking, and would like to actually keep getting stronger. Any suggestions???

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/08/08, 07:21 PM
lower your calories slightly, mostly from carb sources. Up your protein and fat a little. add five minutes to your current cardio regimen and lift heavy.

--------------
"Achieving worthwhile goals requires a consistent investment of time and effort on your part....The rewards you receive will be in direct proportion to the consistent effort you put forth."
Brian Johnston, The Power of The Champions
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/09, 10:58 PM
thanks, I've talked to Matt (Gatormade) about it and he made me a sprinting and agility program that he says involves no cardio but will drop the fat. I'm already lifting heavy, I shall up my protein and fat and lower the carbs a bit like you said. Thanks, asimmer

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt