Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Arms??

jonpullen
jonpullen
United Kingdom
2001/11/22, 10:40 AM
When I do arms, im quite impressed with the progress i've made, however when relaxed I find that they just look fat. When I tense them I cant pinch any fat however...

Is there an excercise which im missing that will really make my Bicep stick out from my arm?

Jon
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/11/26, 09:49 AM
When relaxed, mostly the only place to see the biceps is in the lower portion near the elbow. Preachers will hit that area during your workout. Although you can't feel any fat, you probably can lose a little more on your arms. The bis do not usually put forth the striations seen in the chest. Work on your tris. This is the muscle that can be shown best when not flexing your bis. Also, delt and bi separation will help show your bis as well if your genetic makeup allows this.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/11/26, 09:43 PM
Just to add to the above post...... When you work your bi's and tri's, make sure you use your full range of motion. For example, when you do preacher curls, extend your arms all the way down to get a good stretch on the bicep. But, at the same time, keep your muscle tensed/flexed through your entire rep. Same goes with your tri's.