Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

bands

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/07/09, 11:22 PM
i just recieved those elastic training bands. I'm looking to change my routine around again (its about time) and focus on training with bands. What im asking for with this post is any helpful hints or suggesting for working them into my routine, even some different excercises. Thanx in advance

--------------
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
george
george
Canada
2004/07/12, 07:58 AM
Dear wrestler125,

resistance/exercise bands are a great way to expand your fitness regimen. Our upgrade to ft PRO has programs that include resistance bands.

--------------
George - ft Staff - george@freetrainers.com
greggonzo1
greggonzo1
United States
2004/07/13, 07:37 PM
Which bands do you have? JumpStretch? what sizes? minis? Purple? green? blues? or do you have IronWoodys?
I am very familiar with accommodating resistance modalities so please feel free to ask.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/07/14, 12:04 PM
you can use them for anything, I somtimes use them on the leg press,bench press, squats too i guess........if you stand on the end of it, you can hook it around the middle of the bar and do up right rows for a different feel.

Somthing fun to try is do a set of regualr bench, then add the bands, with a lighter weight, then do another regular set with out bands. Your body stil thinks the bands are on there, so the weight feels lighter..............where did you buy them at? I been looking to buy some???

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

delaybass
delaybass
United States
2004/07/14, 05:34 PM
Pantera ... THEE work out band
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/07/14, 10:49 PM
http://www.criticalbench.com/bungeebands.htm

they are awesome.
I used them on my squat workout today. I could really feel my body working the whole way up instead of just out of the hole at the bottom of my lift. I hooked them onto a pair of 45 lb. plates resting on the ground. They totally counter the momentum of the weight and give a totally different type of workout. Theres other sites out there, but criticalbench.com always has pretty high quality stuff, so I prefer to buy from them.

--------------
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/07/15, 11:46 AM
I used them this morning on my bench workout. INCREDIBLE! I love the feeling of having to drive the entire way up and the feeling of the weight getting heavier as I get closer to lockout. I think I will use these when I get to the speed portion of my workout schedule. I hate the buildup of momentum when I'm doing jump squats or speed bench. The bands should fix this problem.