Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

not enough back training

bigdavid
bigdavid
United States
2001/10/05, 05:44 PM

my ft only gives me 2 back workouts
i don't think its enough..
i want to develop my upper and lower back
quickly and with good results, best results.
do you think if i do 2 more other back workouts
can help me achieve what i want .. or should i just do
what ft tells me to do..
can it hurt or slow .. if i chose to do more..
I like to feel it ..You know what I mean ..2... i just don't think its enough .. IM done within 15 minutes ..
I cant do a lot of wide chin-ups ...cant do a lot of reps ..i could 9 and less and less..with some assistance ..Im dying to do it ...without assistance
and a lot of reps...
any advice ..Or a good back workout.
These are the workout that ft want me to do...

1.Wide Grip Machine Pulldowns.
2.One Arm Dumbell Rows .
thanks

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/10/05, 06:07 PM
It you have access to a T-bar row "machine" you can do that. Most have 2-3 different grips that can help vary what muscles you are targeting in your back. You can do heavy barbell bent-over rows (wide grip is fun), cable rows (close grip), etc. Just depends on what your goals are. My advice: follow Schwarzenegger's advice - do 50 wide grip pull-ups per back session. It doesn't matter how many sets it takes to get there, just get 50. Eventually, you'll get down to just a couple sets.
The dumbbell row really is a good excercise. I'd stick with it.
Your lower back will be worked on your leg day, if you do deadlifts and heavy squats. Since I'm a bit tall, my lower back gets worked hard when I do deadlifts, and a little bit with squats.
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Egypt
2001/10/06, 11:05 AM
jbennet is right about the chin ups... I followed the same routine and in 6 months i do chinups now even with a light dumbell between my legs. the best back routine i ever had was as follows:
* 50 chinups, and if i get it over in less than 5 sets, i add more risistance by weights.
* Barbell rows
* T-Bar rows
* then kill my upper back with seated cable rows.
I do deadlifts and hyper extensions on the legs day which I think is more than enough
Amr
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/07, 08:54 PM
I know that I can't go with the dumbbell rows because of my shoulders; I'm glad you mention the T-Rows 'cause that's what I do in instead. They work the back for sure!!

coolness...