Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

ADDICTION

snowboarder_76
snowboarder_76
United States
2001/06/28, 12:52 PM
Is coffee really that bad for you in weight lifting. Ive heard that it is not good for you with supps. But i've seriously been drinking it sense i was five. (with ice though when i was young) -snow
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/06/28, 01:14 PM
Its not the coffee itself; its the caffeine. Yes, you can have an addition to caffeine. Since it is a diuretic, you need to drink more water to compensate for it. Try drinking tea for a while, preferably green tea, in place of the coffee. I don't drink any soda (regular or diet) or coffee, but I need my caffeine to get motivated. I take one Xenadrine pill every morning prior to my workout and it gets me going pretty good and burns fat at the same time. Caffeine is considered a drug, but it has been proven to improve cognitive function and awareness, so I don't think its neccessarily a bad thing.
Uttiya
Uttiya
India
2001/06/29, 06:15 AM
well,
coffee is bad.Its got tannin, a substance used for tanning leather, so you can imagine what it does to your stomach lining.Its also got caffine,.....thats a stimulant, it uses up you stored energy to give you a boost, but then you lose out on the resources for muscle recovery.
coffee addiction is bad for body builders. I suggest you dont use a supplement that has caffine, though the amount is camparatively less is supps.
Coffee addiction also mas its problems. you can develop peptic ulsers, headache and even tonsil problems(more vulnerable if you have toncilitis).
I suggest you give up the habit, if you care for your health and body.

best of luck....uttiya
archan
archan
India
2001/06/30, 01:09 AM
Its better 2 keep it within control,anything excess is bad u see.Even i have heard so.