Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 377, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Donkey Calf Raises Alternative ???

eurekaguy4u
eurekaguy4u
India
2004/06/03, 06:19 AM
Hi,

i dont have Donkey Calf Raise machine in my gym , can anyone suggest any other alternative ,
thanks.

Ekam
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/03, 07:54 AM
I used to do them on the bottom step in my basement, with my training partner sitting on my back, holding weights. If you can't find someone to sit on you....

Just do standing and be sure to do seated, they work diferent parts of your calf more. Donkey really isn't different from standing, as changing the position of your upper body doesn't really change the position of your calf in relation to how it is contracting or working.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
hollarr
hollarr
United States
2011/06/01, 11:44 PM
so there is no difference between a standing calf raise and sitting calf raise as to what muscles they work?
ExciteSportPT
ExciteSportPT
United Kingdom
2013/08/17, 03:52 PM
asimmerI used to do them on the bottom step in my basement, with my training partner sitting on my back, holding weights. If you can't find someone to sit on you....

Just do standing and be sure to do seated, they work diferent parts of your calf more. Donkey really isn't different from standing, as changing the position of your upper body doesn't really change the position of your calf in relation to how it is contracting or working.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.

--- Asimmer, I disagree with your statement of being bent over does not affect your calf muscles. Actually when you are bent over in the donkey raise position, your calfs are already at strain as they are being stretched, and in my opinion you will develop a much more useful and fuller muscle when doing this.