Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Whats the fastest way to burn calories?

MistyKristy
MistyKristy
Canada
2004/05/26, 02:28 PM
?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/05/26, 02:30 PM
Proper diet and exercise....

t

--------------
Tim

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.

Aristotle

GO FLAMES

TimDay@freetrainers.com
MistyKristy
MistyKristy
Canada
2004/05/26, 02:39 PM
i mean like a type of exercise.. ex bike?...step..?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/05/26, 02:41 PM
well yes proper diet and excercise is key, but I think she was wonting somthing more helpful.
As long as your breathing and aline your burning calories. Maybe not much but your body is always working doing somthing( digesting, heart beating etc.) So you burn calories there. When you work or make you body work, you burn more calories eg. walking jogging etc.
Excercise is in 2 parts cardio and weight trainging..
When you work out, you break down muscle tissue, your body has to repair that muscle......with protein and carbs and some fats......calories, now when you gain more muscle you'll burn more calories.
Cardio pretty much just burns calories by getting your heart rate up. However once you stop yoru cardio session thats it, it burns no more caloires, After a hard work out you metoblism is speed up for abotu 2 or 3 hours after ward, burning yet more calories.
You get fat when you eat too many calories that your not burning, IF you ingest 2500 calories, and you set on your butt all day and do nothing, and only brun 1800 calores, most of that left over will go to your, hips, butt back of arm etc.
SO if you wanan burn calories? Get off the couch and do somthing You need bnoth weight traing and cardio to help n calorie burn.

My personaly fav thing to do is circuts you do weight training at a cardio pace, one excercise after another.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

Speeder
Speeder
Canada
2004/05/26, 02:42 PM

I seem to remember Running as one of the Cardio Exercises that burns the most calories per given time frame. If you don't have bad knee's getting out on the street and taking a 4-6 km Run is great exercise, great to burn Calories, and great for the Cardiovascular system :cool:
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/05/26, 02:45 PM
Also, check out the posts on HIIT... High Intesity Interval Training... that helps and takes less time.... a session can be about 20 minutes.... that can be done on a bike or stepper or any cardio machine... do a quick search on it with Fit Buddy at the bottom of the page....

And, the more muscle you have.. the more calories you'll burn! Like Andrew says, get moving! It all helps!

t

--------------
Tim

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.

Aristotle

GO FLAMES

TimDay@freetrainers.com
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/05/26, 02:52 PM
Anything that gets the heart rate up past normal( around 120 or so) will burn calories, I can burn 200 calories on a eliptical trainer in about 12 mins. And yes HIIT is great I been doing that for a while now.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/05/26, 02:54 PM
HIIT is about all I do as I don't have the time.... I feel it works great... but I guess varying it up with lower paced cardio is a good suggestion to... variety, the spice of life!

t

--------------
Tim

Aristotle

GO FLAMES

TimDay@freetrainers.com
david_s81
david_s81
United States
2004/05/26, 08:13 PM
I like to run personally. I do the treadmill for 20 mins. I usually burn like 380, and run about 3 miles. I have to keep my speed up, because I do a five minute warm-up. I feel like a freagin' champ after I get off the treadmill though. Good feeling.

--------------
Spark the fire that will torch the numbness inside. If you look too far ahead, you will lose sight of today
- Carpe Diem -
sashacapricorn
sashacapricorn
United States
2010/03/29, 01:16 AM
I think all these are mens perspectives & a woman's body is different. Men need to do massive muscle gaining, thats how their bodies work. Women need more cardio & aerobics then just bulk bulk bulk. Elyptocle (i rly think i spelled that wrong hah) is a great way to burn fat. Its easier on your joints as apposed to a treadmill. Speed walk instead of running is great also, it'll cause less wear on the cartilage on your knees, & you'll burn just as many, if not more calories & last longer doing it. Keep your calorie intake at a reasonable level, men need more calories cause their body needs it to gain muscle, you dont wanna be a bulky chick. If you do, then do it the guy way, if not, stick to swift walks, elyptocle, & swimming.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/29, 02:25 PM
Well first off, the human metabolism works the same way as it does for males or females as it is controlled by your Throid gland whhich controls all other glands and hormones.
So, assuming no problems with glands, we all burn calories and anergy the same way. To answer the post from 2004, the best calorie burn is the elliptical machine (spelled correctly). Men do put on more muscle mass then women due to testosterone levels.
I have been training for the last ten years and I do not have massive muscle gains, although I could if I wanted to.
Basically we are all the same, except in some areas.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)