Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

EXTREME theigh soreness.

parko03
parko03
United States
2004/05/17, 08:00 AM
Hey all, I was wondering some of the ways to help the soreness in my theighs. I mean EXTREME soreness, like barely able to transition from standing to sitting and thats with help and when sitting I can feel the tightness of my front theigh muscles. (double header of softball saturday for first time in 10 years). I thought that with the way I ve been working out lately that I wouldn't be this sore.
I took a long hot bath last night, and hubby tried to rub them but I couldn't stand him touching my legs. I have never been this sore in my life. I know that we all get sore and just to 'cowboy up' and deal with it, but I can barely walk and I don't have time to nurse it. Im going to attempt to walk for 45 mins instead of my jog, or should I?

I know only time will heal it and Im not trying to get rid of the pain, just make it tolerable. aleve, tylonol hasn't touched it and it's been two days now. what else can I do to speed up this process to a tolerable pain level. Im practically immobiled here. I guess I never realized how useful the top front theigh muscles are needed for normal function.

Im willing to try anything at this point.

--------------
It is no fun to be normal!!!
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2004/05/17, 10:03 AM
parko03 Do you take glutamine after your workouts? Just wondering, as I would ALWAYS get that delayed muscle soreness 2 days after working out - my Wed nite gym routine always suffered. I was told to take glutamine directly after my workouts in my post recovery drinks and I can say that it has indeniably worked for me.

Hope this helps :)
parko03
parko03
United States
2004/05/17, 02:35 PM
I don't take any supplements other than vitamins and fish oil. I don't work out to gain strength, mostly just tone up and lose wieght. Most of my working out is running and military requirement type exercizes. I know soreness is normal, but this time is ridiculous. Was just seeing if anyone had any tricks of easing extreme soreness.

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/05/18, 05:58 PM
ice.....ibuprofin......keep moving.....:big_smile:

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
parko03
parko03
United States
2004/05/18, 09:01 PM
thanks cari, wasn't sure if ice or heat would help. Took a couple of hot baths. It's finally calmed down a bit, today im at normal soreness level. whew...4 days ago, softball, ...Makes me nervous to play this saturday. I have never felt this bad after physical activity. I haven't been able to do my running yet because of it. Just walked my laps past two days. Tomorrow back to running.

--------------