Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Neck pain

hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/05/05, 02:41 PM
I went to the doctor today because I am having pains in my neck. It starts at the top of my neck and shoots down to the middle of my back. It only hurts when I am holding my head up straight or when I move my chin towards me chest.

She said it was a pulled muscle and that I needed to back off of the weights and do some stretching exercises along with ice and heat. She also prescribed me Naproxen. Anybody else come across anything like this? I aint trying to be out of the gym for more than a week 2 weeks at best.

--------------
Would it be classified as overly competitive if I refused to let a 4 year old beat me at chutes and ladders?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/06, 09:05 AM
Follow the doc's advice. If you have coverage for it, see a chiro, could be something out of place, also.

Get your beautiful wife to feel on the muscles alongside your neck (from the back of your head to your shoulder, scalenes) for little knots and pinch them (hard to describe). Or get a professional massage.

Oh, and you luck out... no push ups until you are feeling 100% again.

Get better!:big_smile:

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/05/06, 09:07 AM
The doctor felt a knot on the left side of my spine. I am going to try and get one of the massage therapists at my wife's salon to work it out for me. My wife also suggested that I see a chiropractor. My insurance does not cover it so I dont know.

--------------
Would it be classified as overly competitive if I refused to let a 4 year old beat me at chutes and ladders?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/06, 09:21 AM
My daughter regularily creams me on Halo....

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.