Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Finished 8 week ft program. :(

EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/04/23, 06:48 PM
Hey guys i finished my ft program yesterday. But there is a problem. I don't see a difference! I can probably lift more than i did in the begininning but i don't see the definition at all that i was going for... i'm really dissapointed but im going to do the www.bodyforlife.com program anyone checked it out? It looks pretty good... the ft program (excluding 1 maybe 2 excercises) i felt was not challengin enough.. Maybe i should have done my muscle groups more than once a week, although i KNOW your not supposed to. Anyways i was wondering if anyone else has done the whole ft program and also saw very minimal gains.. please respond with your comments and thoughts.. Thank you.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/23, 08:35 PM
I did the program and have made great gains. If you have fat covering muscle you are never really going to see them. If they were not challenging enough you were not using enough weight!!!

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/04/23, 09:25 PM
sorry i didn't mean that they were not challenging... i just felt like i could do the body parts twice a week because in the meantime (between workouts) i felt really lazy... another thing, and i'm a fairly thin person so it shouldn't be that hard to see my muscles. Also i was using enough weight because sometimes i would need a spotter on my excercises... dunno what's wrong but im dissapointed

============
Quoting from mmaibohm:

I did the program and have made great gains. If you have fat covering muscle you are never really going to see them. If they were not challenging enough you were not using enough weight!!!

=============
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/23, 10:15 PM
It takes time rome wasnt built in a day. How is the diet? I hope one of the mods jumps in they will give you the best advice.

--------------
I am that
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/04/24, 04:39 PM
To Be honest my diet wasn't the best during the first 6 weeks... i only had proteins from things such as rice, beans, and nuts..... But i didn't eat out at all in those 6 weeks all food was from home mostly vegetables and rice which is fairly healthy if i'm not mistaken. It was only in the last 2 weeks that i got good protein from whey and animal products. I know i sound like im complaining which i probably am but i have a friend that workouts the same body parts almost everyday... doesn't eat the healthiest food... doen't take any supplemenents and drinks frequently on the weekeneds and he has a more defined body than i do. When i see that it just frustrates me. I try to at least watch what im eating, haven't drank in a while, and take whey. I have another friend who is somehwat the same (in eating etc...) but he's more bulkier and all he does is take creatine. This aggrivates me because im actually trying to work hard for my body and it seems like they just get it with hardly any effort.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/24, 07:37 PM
Then you might be a hard gainer we are limited to an extent to our genetics. Keep at it you will get there dont loose sight of your goals.

--------------
I am that
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/04/24, 09:21 PM
Ya, i've learned im a hard gainer and it sucks.. lol really really REALLY bad but im gonna start the bodyforlife.com program monday. Anyone else got any opinions on it or on the previous posts?

============
Quoting from mmaibohm:

Then you might be a hard gainer we are limited to an extent to our genetics. Keep at it you will get there dont loose sight of your goals.

=============
2004/04/24, 09:36 PM
From what I've read at BFL, its a good beginner program.It even looks like a pretty good maintainance program. It sounds like due to your diet you may have stunted the gains you may have made here. You mentioned that you made pretty good gains iron wise with this program. Lifting is fine but your diet and rest are huge contributors as far as changing how you look. Mike is right .Its hard to fight genetics.

Many here add on to the FT workouts. Generally though if you really track the food as closely as you track your workouts, you will get the gains according to the program you chose. If I were you I'd so a little research in the nutritional boards here and give yourself a fair chance.

Good luck.

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/04/24, 10:43 PM
So do you think i should do the Bfl program? it's kinda what im looking for im looking to train my body parts twice a week. I am now eating (i believe) a lot better. this is my general eating plan tell me what u think.

Meal 1: 2-4 egg whites
Meal 2: due to school MWF i just snack on peanuts if not school i usually have some tuna
Meal 3-4 i usually just mix some cottage cheese with my tuna i think it tastes good as nasty as it sounds :)
Meal 5-6: (actually this one is more of a questioncan i have my whey protein as a meal or part of a meal even though its not a meal replacement shake? whats something good to eat with it?) And for dinner not sure which meal but its usually some chicken or meat with pasta or rice.
Let me know what you guys think.. i'm realy new to the dieting thing,dont know how to count carbs and all that crap lol but im learning healthier foods slowly but surely. Also another question when u eat pasta, rice etc... how can u tell how much protein and stuff ur having lol i doubt ppl actually measure it Anyways thanks a lot for the help

============
Quoting from charlie826:

From what I've read at BFL, its a good beginner program.It even looks like a pretty good maintainance program. It sounds like due to your diet you may have stunted the gains you may have made here.

=============
2004/04/24, 11:06 PM
The main thing about working out is to stick with it. It surely wont hurt to do the body for life program. Changing up your routines is essential. Try BFL a while and then do somthing else. Your profile has nothing in it. If you fill it out with your height weight goals, folks here can do more than guess about helping you.

Nobody will count your calories for you but you must eat enough proteins,carbs and fats to make this work. You must also eat the right p/c/f. This takes a little research and calorie counting on your part. The upside is you are young and can learn to do it right. Make it last a lifetime and you will be golden.

--------------

Charlie
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2004/04/26, 07:25 AM
Well I finished the 12 week plan 2 years ago and i had amazing gains, also you say you think ur diet isn't the best and you only workout twice a week, im surprised you have seen gains at all. I would just try and eat a balanced diet , without so much rice and breads, and also if you can try and eat dinner before 7p.m. and nothing after that time. Also try and complete atleast 3-5 20 minutes sessions of cardio a week, if you are really trying to shed the fat.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/26, 07:44 AM
You can eat after dinner - having protein before bed is beneficial for repair and recovery.

Your diet was/is calorie deficient and protein deficient.
You did an 8-week program, ate right the last 2 and are upset that you got no results? Re-read that last sentence.

BFL is an excellent program, but much of your success hinges on - you guessed it - eating right to support your efforts.

Try it, what have you got to lose?

Good luck!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/04/26, 03:25 PM
I honestly do want to eat right but i really don't know what to eat really... i just don't understand the whole diet thing like i said im rather new at it so if anyone can help with it please do so. Also GOWAR i worked out only twice a week because that was my ft program monday i did back shoulders and bi's tues wed thurs i did plyometrics and thursday i also did chest tris and forearms. I also played basketball at least four times a week.

============
Quoting from asimmer:

You can eat after dinner - having protein before bed is beneficial for repair and recovery.

Your diet was/is calorie deficient and protein deficient.
You did an 8-week program, ate right the last 2 and are upset that you got no results? Re-read that last sentence.

BFL is an excellent program, but much of your success hinges on - you guessed it - eating right to support your efforts.

Try it, what have you got to lose?

Good luck!

=============
2004/04/26, 03:30 PM
Fill out your FT nutritional profile. It will give you a breakdown of you daily protein /carbs/fat requirements. Look up a post by BB1 in the nutritional discussion board. Its called Grocer List for the Body Builder. That will give you a huge list of foods.

--------------

Charlie
Hellscream
Hellscream
United Kingdom
2004/04/26, 06:39 PM
I finished my 8 week program. It wasnt the ending i was hoping for, my last week was the worst of my 8. I gained 9 lbs, I think thats pretty good. My fat seems to be at bay too. I think your diet must have been what let you down. My fat seems to be at bay too.
varom
varom
United States
2004/04/28, 09:24 PM
DIET, DIET, DIET. As in what you eat. Get any muscle mag. Half of it is on diet. Read it. Follow it. GAIN.
fitinboise
fitinboise
United States
2004/04/30, 07:22 PM
I would be willing to bet your discontentment came from something awry in your diet rather than your workout program. Either BFL or Freetrainer workouts will give you great results...IF your diet, rest, water intake etc. are in line.

Make a timed plan, like 12 weeks and stick with it. Set goals for yourself and your mind will subconsciounsly help you do what is needed to reach those goals.
clandress
clandress
United States
2004/05/06, 11:04 AM
I think BFL is mostly benificial to thoses people who have never worked out and are very obese (more than 60 lbs overweight). When you initially start a program for the first time, you body basically asks "WTF" and does some terrific things. Body fat comes off before your eyes and muscle stacks on relativly easily. After the "challenege" you have to change your routine to continue to see results.

The key is "consistancy"..... allthough a well thought out routine is important, I would say that consistatly eating the right foods and getting you butt on the bench , is paramount. Even someone with a horrible regime, will make progress with consistancy!

--------------
If your muscle wont allow you to do the last few reps, make your mind and heart do it. Your muscles will thank them later.
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/05/06, 03:48 PM
^^^^^^^^
That's me btw
clandress
clandress
United States
2004/05/06, 04:24 PM
If you stick with the BFL nutrition plan, and do not cheat, your actually causing a calorie deficet, albeit a small one. The whole fist sized portion is a good way to prevent people from getting dicouraged when they realize they have to count calories and what not, this is a good substitution. And keep in mind that BFL has quite a bit of carbs in it's rotation, I think it was 60%/35%/5% Carb/Protein/Fat ratio which is ok, as long as you stick to the weightlifting and cardio routine. If you just eat the BFL way and dont work out the BFL way, then your no longer causing that deficit and your on the road to some additional fat lbs.

I can't say enough about BFL's pyschological approach, and I think it's a program that anyone can start of with. My challenge was a complete success (-30 lbs fat, + 15 lbs Muscle, BF% from 28% to 16%, and a 38" wait to a 32" waist), all in the alloted time.

I cant stress enough the importance of consistancy in both your diet and routine..... thats the key my friend.

--------------
If your muscle wont allow you to do the last few reps, make your mind and heart do it. Your muscles will thank them later.
EgptnBalla24
EgptnBalla24
United States
2004/05/06, 06:12 PM
Well actually im not following the bfl diet plan i just got the workout routine from the website and im just doing that i'm trying to figure out how much carbs and stuff i should do, from asking different people. But.. umm.. ya i'm just doing the bfl workout plan i dont even know the diet plan

============
Quoting from clandress:

If you stick with the BFL nutrition plan, and do not cheat, your actually causing a calorie deficet, albeit a small one. The whole fist sized portion is a good way to prevent people from getting dicouraged when they realize they have to count calories and what not, this is a good substitution. And keep in mind that BFL has quite a bit of carbs in it's rotation, I think it was 60%/35%/5% Carb/Protein/Fat ratio which is ok, as long as you stick to the weightlifting and cardio routine. If you just eat the BFL way and dont work out the BFL way, then your no longer causing that deficit and your on the road to some additional fat lbs.

I can't say enough about BFL's pyschological approach, and I think it's a program that anyone can start of with. My challenge was a complete success (-30 lbs fat, + 15 lbs Muscle, BF% from 28% to 16%, and a 38" wait to a 32" waist), all in the alloted time.

I cant stress enough the importance of consistancy in both your diet and routine..... thats the key my friend.

=============
djcctheman
djcctheman
United States
2004/05/13, 06:59 PM
Hey I am also a hardgainer just like you, it sounds to me like you have the right foods picked out to eat, but you just have to eat way more of them per meal, try going to bodybuilding.com and they have formulas and many other good tips on how to figure out exactly how much of everything you should be eating.
Theredwench
Theredwench
United States
2005/07/07, 02:05 PM
Hey I am about to finish my 8 week program but I am still into the 12 week abe program what do I need to do to keep up the progress I have done so the 8 week progress doesnt go to wast?
0408angelo
0408angelo
Netherlands Antilles
2010/09/30, 06:26 PM
:surprised::surprised::cool::big_smile::angry::):(:love::dumbbell::laugh: