Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Lower back pain

Relique
Relique
United States
2004/04/20, 12:39 PM
Hey all, well I did that exercise I got from the fitness plan, and it was harder than I thought, I pulled a muscle in my lower back prity good.

I was doing the crunches on a decline, desided to grab 2 15lb weights and did about 5 reps and felt that liquidy-pop (lol maby not the best description) in my lower back and found that movement was nearly imposible for a few seconds. after that I stoped my workout, went to the machine room, and did a few twists with a few pounds of resistance, nothing much, as well as back extensions to try and work it out... I am GUESSING it helped, I just have some minor pain in my lower back now, and no hindered movement at all. Any other things I should do to strengthen it before I go back into my workout?

--------------
Sean "TBAR" Johnson -USAF-
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/04/20, 01:30 PM
I would recommend that you not use weight until you are comfortable doing the exercise. In the mean time I would stretch it really good.

--------------
My gym dues are not paid with money.
Relique
Relique
United States
2004/04/20, 05:59 PM
ok, yeah lol I know I fudged up there, will not even use the incline for a long time.

--------------
ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/04/21, 12:10 AM
When you say "crunches on a decline", were your feet or legs fixed? & if so, how & with what apparatus? What was the position of your hips during this exercise?
Relique
Relique
United States
2004/04/21, 09:23 AM
I was on a decline (head lower then my legs), my legs were hooked on the cushon things, I am not sure about my hips... On the up side, I did a 3 mile run yesterday with no pain, and today there is only mild tightness, no pain.. yet lol. I'll be back in the gym tomorow, today is my off day anways.

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/21, 09:30 AM
Icing it will help.
What do you do for back strengthening? Include low back extensions and supermans, you can do them inbetween ab exercises or on alternate days. Also be sure to stretch it out with the cat/cow stretch on your hands and knees - pull your abs up and push your back towards the ceiling while dropping your head and tucking your tail, then lower your belly and let your hips roll up a little and head come up. Repeat a few times, this is a good back releaser.

If you need more low back exercises, let me know.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
Ogun
Ogun
United States
2004/05/02, 11:37 PM
A liquidy pop is nothing to be messing with. You could have blown a disc. I advise you go directly to the doctor.

--------------
--There are no versions of the truth.--
Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park II