Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

The last one has moved out:(

sandysford
sandysford
United States
2004/04/05, 02:43 PM
Any advice on how to cope with your last child moving out, I can't cry anymore, my son moved to AZ the first of the year and my daughter moved out last weekend, anyone with advice on how to cope?:( I am so sad.

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/06, 07:39 AM
Poor thing! I know this is a hard time but there are lots of great things about having grown children. And life after children leave the nest can be lots of fun. It takes a little time, but before you know it, you see them more and talk to them more. You wait and see. My oldest daughter calls every day and comes over a few times a week. We talk and laugh and then she goes home, and usually calls again to let me know she got there. lol I'm free of disciplining her, now I just enjoy and offer guidance, when asked. It is an extreme pleasure to watch her be the person that I raised her to be and I wouldn't trade this time for anything. You just hang in there and in just a short time, you will feel better and start enjoying too. Here's an e-hug for you! :love:

--------------
Anni

Never pet a burning dog.
starbell
starbell
Canada
2004/04/06, 04:58 PM
Empty nesters rejoice. It does get easier Sandy. We find new things to do, enjoy some of the travels we have always dreamed of, even if it means to visit our children. All three of my boys are out, and given I am at an age to not only enjoy those little things in life that seemed to be put on the back burner. I get to see my grandchildren, and enjoy there time with myself and my wife, brings back the child rearing days, only better. So yes it gets easier.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/04/06, 11:25 PM
The old "empty nest" syndrome. I don't have personal experience. I must say though, it is okay to allow yourself to be sad. Its normal. Just like with any loss in our lives, we are saddened at the beginning, but eventually learn to cope. A good way to look at it is that now your priorities around the house have changed. There's a bit more freedom! You can have time to yourself. Maybe keep yourself busy with leisure activities. This is just one of those "transition periods" in life that create a mini-crisis. Think about how you have dealt with similar situations in the past and apply it to now. I'm sorry you are feeling so crummy, but just know that its just part of life and it will gat easier. Take care.
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2004/04/07, 01:38 AM
Thanks guys, What sweet caring people you are, jdelts your advice will help in more than just my daughter and son moving out, anni313 and starbell, she came by today and raided the fridge, and I called Son tonight and he misses me and will be home in Sept. Thank you, all of you for your heartfelt advice!!!!

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
2004/04/07, 10:19 AM
35 years ago when I left for the navy, I could swear I heard my folks singing thank god and greyhound he's gone.:big_smile:

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/04/22, 10:19 PM
I'm getting in on this one a little late, but think of it this way; now you can walk around the house nekkid anytime you want. And you can have sex in the living room without worrying about being 'caught'. When they finally leave home and get out on their own it means we've done our job right and now we get to relax and enjoy.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/23, 06:37 AM
Be proud that you have produced and nutured two top quality and independant children. Capable of living off their own steam. You did that!

As a parent, you know you are there, waiting in the wings for when they fall down and are hurting. Be it physically falling down or relationships. You have worked towards thise milestone in life. Ypu should be enjoying the thoughts of the excitement to come...
The first engagement, wedding, grand child. First new sofa or table.

Remember the excitement you felt as you moved through life and it's obstacles. You are the one with the all knowing wink!!!

Enjoy