Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Calf problem

W_HAMILTON
W_HAMILTON
United States
2004/03/25, 04:07 PM
I had recently signed up to do one of the programs here, and on Tuesday I was working on my legs/calves. I got thru the exercises with no problems. However, the day after I had some serious pain in my left leg (basically right behind the knee, down thru my calf muscle). It's much different than the usual soreness I had experienced (again I'm a beginner to all of this). I have soreness in my right leg, but I'm able to walk. With this problem in my left leg, I literally cannot even stand up straight, with my heel touching the ground. I can't put my heel to the ground if I'm standing up, which basically means I can't really walk at all unless I walk on my toes about. It hurts pretty badly, again alot worse than just the muscle soreness I had been accustomed to. I tried to do an internet search, thinking I had just pulled a muscle, but didn't really find much information.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? Basically the area behind my knee down thru my calf is especially sore, and almost tight to the point where I can't really stand up straight with my heel touching the ground. Does this sound just like a pulled muscle? And if so any ideas on how I can treat this, and get back to normal? Thank you.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/04/14, 08:22 PM
He's right. That doesn't sound too good. Just be sure to rest it a lot, get plenty of protein and potassium. Eat some bananas it's a good source of potassium. Take some pain pills as well.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt